|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will have substantial project experience in delivering high quality technical-design packages, with the ability to manage a small team of supporting landscape architects in the delivery of a project. You should also have a range of design experience and be able to present your work in a variety of media. In addition to the technical role of landscape architect you will have a strong interest and working knowledge of Nature Based Solutions and be required to drive this forward as a key business initiative and strategic area of development within Mott MacDonald's Environment Practice.
Initially, you will fulfil a prominent role on infrastructure projects, delivering and/ or managing the assessment and technical design. As the role develops it is expected that you will develop new landscape work both through internal and external clients. This business development role will also include assisting the wider Mott MacDonald landscape and environmental teams in procuring new work and delivering their project commitments both in terms of landscape assessment and design.
For the Nature Based Solutions initiative it is expected that you will work with a small cross-unit team to prepare the strategy and work plan for development of the NBS service offering. You will be expected to play a prominent part in implementing the strategy, with specific responsibility for shaping and implementing it with clients in the transport sector in collaboration with colleagues facing the other sectors. The time commitment for this role will be subject to confirmation of the level of Group funding obtained but is expected to grow as this service offering is rolled out.
You will have strong experience of designing and the technical delivery of both hard and soft landscape schemes. Coupled with the ability to manage your own workload and that of others, whilst being an integral member of the wider design and EIA team.
You should also be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Experience of landscape, townscape and visual impact assessment as part of the wider EIA process
- Chartered member of the Landscape Institute
- Experience of delivering technical design packages will be sought, and how your experience of this emerging design process aligns with the Mott MacDonald landscape team's strategic aspirations
- Experience of driving forward the landscape, biodiversity and nature based solutions agenda, both strategically and at a project level
- Strong computer skills and experience of the following software packages would be an advantage: Autodesk REVIT, Autodesk AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUP
- Be comfortable with dealing with a wide range of clients, from both the public and private sector
- Good written and spoken communication skills are essential
- You will need a full UK driving license