|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Support Engineering we're about helping customers realize their potential, from gamers to governments, mums to mega-corporations, we serve just about every kind of customer all over the globe. We are a community of engineers who have effective relationships with many amazing customers. In this role you will be curious and intuitive in your approach, with a passion for customer service. The role requires empathy, a passion for learning, excellent communication skills, the ability to think differently than the crowd, and a genuine desire to help people do their best.
This role provides technical support in Azure Monitoring and Automation Space to Microsoft customers, partners, internal staff and/or others on critical issues experienced with Microsoft technologies.
A Support Engineer is responsible for providing quality support for Azure Monitoring and Automation with a high degree of customer happiness; provide responsive and reliable technical solutions and information to Microsoft customers.
Azure Monitoring and Automation includes the following technical areas:
- Azure Log Analytics
- Azure Monitor Alerts and Essentials
- Azure Application Insights
- Azure Automation
- Azure Arc enabled servers
- Scope a customer issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- System Administration/Configuration of Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Windows and Linux Event Logs/Syslogs
- Windows and Linux Performance analysis using built in performance counters
- Windows and Linux Patch and Security Update Management
- Network connectivity for both private and public networks
- Conceptual knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Security, and Access Control
- Automating Operating System tasks through the use of Powershell, Python, or similar scripting language
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Web app development in C# or Java programming
- ASP.NET/MVC application development or support
- Understanding of Databases and how to retrieve data via query language
- Containers solutions such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Cloud computing in general (Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform)
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.