A vacancy has arisen for a HSSE Business Partner to be based in the midlands area. Reporting to the Head of Occupational HSSE, this role will provide independent advice, guidance and support to service platform managers to ensure the effective and efficient management, and continuous improvement in HSSE. Focusing on frontline support to embed new tools, the updated safety management system and drive adoption of a more Human Factors based approach in support of management HSSE training completed in 2020.
- Support managers in the promulgation of world-class risk management across the service platform, with specific focus on risk identification, management and control. Collaborate to deliver support, general safety advice and guidance on relevant company standards and safe working practices. Assist and advise on risk assessments, ensuring employee involvement and timely review.
- Work with the Head of HSSE to implement the Health, Safety & Security & Environment Strategy and delivery plan.
- Support on the development, administration and upkeep of the Safety Management System.
- Where appropriate, relating to individual competency and skill, act as Subject Matter Expert for one or more of the following;
Dangerous Good Safety Adviser
Fire Safety Management / Emergency Planning
Facilities Management (Legionella, Asbestos)
Security (Physical & Personal)
Environment & Sustainability
- Work collaboratively across platforms and as part of the wider safety team to ensure efficient working and the reduction of travel by supporting managers within your geographical region.
- Support managers in the investigations into accidents, incidents, near misses across the service platforms are completed in a transparent and fair way, ensuring appropriate corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented and where appropriate lesson are shared across service platform and across G&W.
- Review platform specific operational procedures and systems of work and work with the Group Safety Team to ensure the Safety Management System is effective and appropriately communicated.
- Support specific improvement initiatives and projects across all areas of health, safety, security and environment across the service platforms in pursuit of our shared goal of Zero Injuries and reducing our impact on the environment.
- Ensuring the delivery of required basic health, safety, security & environmental training.
- Communicate & engage with all employees when required, ensuring HSSE procedures/policies are understood. Adopting a coaching & mentoring style.
- Support in the management of reporting requirements within G&W, ensuring all notification and report are sent in a timely manner for the service platform and appropriate and timely reports are produced covering key leading and lagging indicators and that these are supported by appropriate analysis to ensure both that the function is effective and tackling the most pressing issues and that management are held account for individual and platform performance.
- Carry out internal audits and assist managers in the implementation of recommendation, preventative and corrective actions.
- Deliver duties as identified within the SMS, HSSE improvement plan and other relevant documents
- Get involved in any ad hoc projects, as may be required from time to time.
Competencies / Qualifications:
- Safety qualification to a minimum of NEBOSH national certificate, Ideal with or working towards NEBOSH Diploma.
- Internal auditor.
- Other relevant operational or specialist subject matter expertise relevant to the platforms operations.
- Coaching and training skills with the ability to identify skill gaps and training needs, developing staff as appropriate
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information and produce in a clear and logical format
- Strong corporate affiliation and always puts the needs of the business and the Group first.
- Attacks goals and objectives with drive, energy and enthusiasm with a passion for excellence.
- Embraces new challenges, is hands on operationally and gets things done.
- Listens attentively to others’ perspectives and provides constructive feedback and coaching.
- Exhibits and lives the Group’s core values:
- A competitive salary
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts.
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.
Proud to be a Work 180 endorsed employer:
Freightliner is proud to partner with WORK180 as an Endorsed Employer for Women. WORK180 is the only platform that pre-screens employers to see how well they support women’s careers.
The post Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) Business Partner appeared first on Freightliner.