Abcam is changing. We are investing in simplifying, modernizing and transforming our IT landscape and are looking for architecture leaders to help drive this transformation. Our goal is to make Infrastructure and Security enablers of agile, efficient change through platforms and capabilities that deliver secure, resilient, cost effective solutions at pace.
We're recruiting an experienced and forward-looking Cloud Platforms Architect who can combine deep technical thought leadership with strong leadership skills to drive strategy and adoption of a variety of cloud based solutions. You will deliver enterprise scale solutions on both private and public clouds is expected together with the ability to keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date as the industry continues to transform at a rapid pace. You need to be able to communicate and work closely with our engineering and operations teams as well as our executives to ensure your strategy and architecture delivers the outcomes we're seeking.
You will assess Abcam’s cloud platforms and capabilities to support a Digital transformation accelerating designing and delivering service-based products and service across multiple cloud platforms at rapid pace and to scale. Other key responsibilities include:
- Cloud Consolidation and Cost optimization.
- Rationalizing On-Premise and Cloud platform simplifying Abcam technology estate.
- Developing Multi-Cloud strategy across Azure, AWS, GCP & Tencent.
- Developing DevSecOps capability establishing a NOC and SOC.
- Mature and forward looking CI/CD pipelines using Terraform and Giltlab.
- Proven background as a Cloud Platforms Architect.
- Solid understanding of Cloud deployment models, strategies and supporting technologies e.g. Multi-cloud, hybrid-cloud etc.
- Cloud Service Provider technologies e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS.
- Cloud based workloads, at web-scale.
- Cloud Native principles and supporting technologies e.g. Microservices, DevOps, Containers & CI/CD.
- Large-scale workload migrations, from traditional hosting environments to Public Cloud
- Public Cloud security tools & technologies.
- Open Source Software, principles & culture.
- Thought leadership in serverless, data and emerging technologies
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.