|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their careers.
We're looking for a bright and empathic Complaints Specialist to join our team. We pride ourselves on listening to our users and doing everything we can to solve their problems. We know sometimes things do not always go as we expect and as such we are looking for a complaints manager who is a great problem solver, investigator and has excellent communication skills. You'll work as part of a wider team of around 30 who work with our UK, European, Australian, and North American merchants to solve tough problems and provide world-class service. You’ll work as a part of our Customer Success Group leading on complaint handling across the business.
Key responsibilities within the role:
- Train the members of the complaints team on how to handle complaints effectively and efficiently in a timely manner and always in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Oversee the work on the complaints team and be an escalation point for all aspects of complaints management
- Conduct regular QA on all aspects of complaints management
- Ensure complaints resources and processes are up to date and responsible for the creation and maintenance of resources (e.g. articles, macros, etc) to ensure that complaints can be handled swiftly and efficiently
- Proactive and periodic review as well as maintenance of the complaints process in line with best practice within the industry
- Deep dive into root cause analysis and share findings to drive change and improvements
- Responsible for complaints overview and reporting
- Identifying and mitigating reputational and financial risk to GoCardless
- Work alongside the Incident Response Team
- The main point of contact for the Financial Ombudsman and other governance bodies in countries where GC operates
What we’re looking for
- You are passionate about solving issues and getting the best outcome possible
- You are reliable
- You’re a leader and a teacher
- You love solving problems and can adapt quickly to change
- You love taking ownership and are highly proactive
- You have heaps of initiative, enthusiasm, and patience
- You make smart choices, and prioritise well
- You are a true advocate for customers
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.