|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
At PA Consulting Group we help some of the largest and most complex organisations from across the globe to adapt and excel by adopting digital thinking and ways of working. To us, Digital Delivery is much more than a methodology; it’s the key to building the right leadership, cultural and organisational structure. Our business is made up of some of the world’s smartest Digital practitioners.
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That’s why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they’re interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Employee-owned, award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
About Public Services at PA
We are proud to create ingenious solutions and positive outcomes for the Public Sector. We work on cutting edge assignments in the largest government departments. We transform Arm’s Length Bodies (ALB’s) and government agencies through digital, we support and transform front-line service delivery in Local Government using the latest cloud-technologies. Our digital specialists work alongside our experts in departmental policy, ensuring we deliver on user needs and departmental objectives. If you are passionate about delivering world class digital solutions that create access for diverse societies, and do this in the most effective way possible, then this is the place for you. Ideally, you’ll have demonstrable experience and understanding of working within the GDS methodology.
What we're looking for
The Delivery Lead’s role at PA is to set the team up for success, support them in problem solving and enable them to come up with amazing insights and products within constraints. But that doesn’t mean delivery management sits ‘outside’ the team. You will work closely with the team, deep in the detail of the work. You will be an expert practitioner, at the top of your game, and able to demonstrate clear leadership.
You’ll be fully client-facing, harnessing the metrics coming from the team, both to help the team improve its own throughput and to inform clients and others about how the teams are delivering. You’ll be experienced at delivering digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, planning at a higher level, developing client relationships and getting into the detail to make things happen. You will ensure our delivery solutions are robust, risk managed and commercially strong; and you will often act as overall Assignment Manager for a client engagement.
You will play a role in the formation and running of high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking. This means you are not set in one process or way of thinking but willing to learn new skills and approaches to solve our client challenges; though you will be an experienced and proficient Agile practitioner. You will spend 80% of your time in the work and the remainder working on new business and development of the Digital capability.
- In discussion and agreement with the team, implement the agreed delivery approach and take responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered successfully
- Clearly communicate delivery approaches and decisions to others and be ‘in the work’ yourself
- Evolve and codify our Delivery practice, learning and iterating frequently, and coaching others to do so – and document findings, tools and approaches
- Set an example of what great Delivery Management looks like, ensuring quality and attention to detail is embedded throughout our work.
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide recommendations to alleviate significant delivery challenges
- Lead the team to accurately scope, estimate and define effort for complex projects, to create proposals and Statements of Work
- Make timely decisions, communicate them clearly and action them swiftly.
- Confidently set up and run project rhythms and routines, with the team and client
- Be visible to your teams and our clients, and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with the team, the client and the stakeholders
- Get the best out of people by giving clear direction on priorities, objectives and expectations
- Manage new business and account development bids and pitches
Collaboration and partnering skills
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across disciplines and other boundaries
- Be involved in the work and collaborate with team members as part of the creation and solution-finding process
- Analyse and evaluate information and identify risks to make decisions or make considered recommendations to appropriate escalation points
- Establish and manage robust governance for programmes and projects, including RACI, dependency mapping, risk and stakeholder management and reporting
Specialist Skills and requirements
- Demonstrable commercial acumen, with excellent written and numerical skills. You will be experienced in writing Statements of Work, project approaches and proposals
- Expertise in estimating, scoping and delivering large scale digital projects and products, using a variety of techniques
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results.
We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.