|Job Type:||Full Time|
Trading Costs are an area of considerable focus with the CIB. The urgent need for the build out of strategic infrastructure to provide transparency, facilitate cost reduction and apply financial and reporting control is at the forefront of priorities within the Operations world, in partnership with other functions such as Markets, Finance and Technology. The Business Analyst will join the Trading Cost Management group and work on the EDG Structured Licensing project, working closely with the Project Manager.
You will participate in the build out of EDG Structured reporting within our strategic cost calculation and analytics platforms and automation solutions. You will be involved in the analysis, design and planning phases, defining requirements, completing testing and executing delivery. You will integrate the new solutions into existing processes across internal Operational functions, Front Office and Finance.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholder and Project Manager to understand EDG structured licensing business needs, requirements and constraints
- Gather business requirements and analyse / document the current versus target state for EDG Structured Licensing
- Data testing: reconciling system feeds, and during the process of automating license fee calculations.
- Work with technology to create, manage and prioritize user stories
- Identify and understand business problems and utilise problem solving techniques to design sustainable solutions
- Drive progress on tasks and actions items through regular status meetings with business partners
- Build strong relationships with program stakeholders across Operations, Finance, Middle Office, Front Office and Technology.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in documenting business requirements
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, user story writing and tooling
- Good understanding of the Equities business and associated transaction lifecycle
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Good balance between analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-motivated individual who is able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst also working effectively as part of a team
- Previous experience in Middle / Front Office / Operations an advantage
- Experience of analysing and manipulating large sets of financial data an advantage
- Experience of working with derivative term sheets an advantage (not essential)
- Knowledge of EDG Structured Licensing agreements an advantage.