|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
We are an established, yet growing partner, with the NHS and our Hospital Insights platform is an area we are looking to further grow. Our primary product is a cloud-based analytics platform that allows hospitals to understand their performance across three core areas: theatres, outpatients and inpatients through easy to understand visual analytics. Insights has been shown to improve hospital performance. Our goal is to make Insights the platform of choice for the NHS, leveraging our expertise and knowledge and developing more sophisticated solutions that improve patient care and hospital performance.
We are successfully building strong, strategic relationships with large NHS Trusts across the country. We want to deepen these relationships as well as grow rapidly into the regions across the UK.
To support this ambition, we are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager. The individual will be responsible for driving additional growth through developing strong relationships with key decision makers within the NHS and wider healthcare market. Through these relationships we are expecting to grow significantly, with a sizeable proportion of our revenue coming from Insights and your role will also involve supporting the development of propositions that meet the needs of our target clients.
This is a great time to be joining an established consultancy, rapidly scaling start-up its innovative solutions and a rare opportunity to build something very exciting over the next 2 – 5 years. We are a purpose-driven organisation looking to transform the NHS. In joining our Healthcare & Life Sciences team at PA Consulting you will have the opportunity to take ownership of our sales and build this exciting part of our business.
What we're looking for
The successful person will be responsible and accountable to the Provider lead and the Healthcare Analytics lead. The Business Development Manager will lead new business development and sales for the Hospital Insights business.
- To develop relationships externally with NHS Trusts, CCGs, CSU’s and STPs and key influencers to understand market requirements and to increase company revenue in line with targets.
- To develop and manage relationships with existing clients to create new business opportunities to grow the volume and revenue across our business.
- To understand the practical constraints and issues in developing business opportunities. Work internally with other senior team members to support and encourage other staff members to help develop growth opportunities across existing contracts
Relationship and stakeholder management
- To develop a network of external stakeholders, including but not limited to, Chief Operating Officers, Directors of Operations, General Managers, Finance Directors, Medical Directors, Informatics leads and IT Directors, who are influential in the decision-making process. To nurture this network to develop business opportunities and grow the revenues.
- To manage relationships with NHS and non-NHS clients at a strategic level, representing the Director(s) and taking the lead on high-level service and commercial discussions.
- Through all internal and external work, develop and maintain strong and credible working relationships, ensuring the excellent reputation of the company is maintained.
- To act as the lead in advising Director(s) on business requirements, key target markets and channels to those markets.
- To identify opportunities to market services and raise company profile through coordinated working with stakeholders such as NHS Trusts, NHS Employers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable sales results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong and credible relationships at a senior level across all operational and financial disciplines and across NHS and non-NHS organisations
- Financial planning skills, including ability to write NHS Tender Bids/Proposals and Sales business cases
- Ability to produce clear and concise written material, including the analysis of data, using appropriate IT packages including spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Strong management skills, with a proven record of motivating staff
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure with excellent personal organisation and time management
- Innovative and dynamic
- Analytical and able to resolve highly complex problems
- Self-motivated and resilient, with the ability to persevere in order to achieve objectives
- Broad knowledge of utilising information technology to provide management information reports, particularly financial and activity reporting
- Experience at dealing with very senior people both internally and externally within NHS organisations
- Proven staff management experience with the ability to gain their support, motivate and develop them
- Experience of owning and managing a customer focused services across NHS clients
- Experience of NHS healthcare procurement processes in a business management or development capacity
- A successful record of achievement in NHS business development
- Experience of business development within the NHS and private IUC and out of hospital sectors
- Experience of project management, with a good understanding of the complexities involved
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.