|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Payments Strategy: Business Analyst - Associate
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative payments, cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services.
About the Team
The Graphite Payments Transformation Team is responsible for Payments Transformation for Treasury Services. Modernising our Payments platforms by rolling out the new GPS payments architecture globally is core to our long-term strategy. GPS is ground breaking and challenging and is one of the most important programmes within the Corporate and Investment Bank at JP Morgan.
This is a rare and fantastic opportunity to influence the hugely important Payments landscape at JP Morgan. We want talented people to join an exciting team of professionals who are creating a stronger, safer, cutting-edge world of wholesale payments at JP Morgan.
About the Position
Working within an agile ‘pod’ structure comprising of Product, Operations, Technology and UAT representatives, a Business Analyst will help elaborate strategic business and product requirements for one or more GPS initiatives.
This role involves (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Articulate and document process flows including customer interactions, operational intervention, end to end flows, data handoffs, etc.
- Understand client requirements, their usage of the Product and prioritise the requirements based on data analysis and strategic business need
- Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to determine partner business groups that will consequently be required to undergo technical or operational process change
- Define functional and non-functional business requirements for development and commercialisation in order to meet business objectives
- Devise a transition process to ensure that Operations, Technology and Service can seamlessly move to their respective target state models
- Analyse and elaborate product features and operational, regulatory and compliance, UI, reporting and sanctions screening requirements
- Develop subject matter expertise in related clearings and payment processes for ad-hoc consultation for any unique or unexpected scenarios arising
- Conduct walk through and training sessions to update stakeholders and user groups
- Analyse defects by prioritising and exploring alternative solutions
Key Skills / Experience
- Requirements analysis, elaboration and documentation skills
- Payments processing domain knowledge highly preferred
- Understanding of the Agile methodology and experience of using JIRA and MS Office
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative team environment
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
Personal Proficiency Requirements
- Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
- Self-motivated, driven to learn and to achieve targets and deliverables
- Relationship building and influencing skills
- Organisational skills and time management
- Communication and presentation skills
Development opportunities with this role
- Significant global and regional networking opportunities
- Gain experience of state-of-the-art banking payment products
- Enhance your career in a critical program environment
- Be coached and supported by a large team
The role is aligned to a strategic program and provides a strong platform for a career in Product and other partner roles.