|Job Type:||Full Time|
The CIB Technology Incident Management team is a highly skilled, specialist global team empowered to make critical decisions during technology incidents to recover services for our clients. The team is at the heart of reducing variability in recovery times and is key in protecting the revenues and client franchise for the firm. This is a fantastic opportunity to experience all LOB’s across all technologies to broaden and develop new skills and knowledge.
J.P.Morgan is looking for an experienced application manager with incident experience to manage the major incidents impacting the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). The ideal candidate is likely a senior technologist or member of an application support team. You should be an excellent problem solver and be able to take command and partner with a set of different technology teams and direct them to quickly diagnose and resolve the underlying issue with minimal to no impact to our clients.
As the Incident Owner is a very visible and integral role within this high performing team, you will be empowered to orchestrate incident resolution with minimal business impact and subsequently to ensure all learning from the incident feeds into a continuous improvement discipline.
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Determine and ensure execution of appropriate actions to recover business services as quickly as possible
- Run the technical bridge to drive all diagnostic and resolution activities
- Identify all resources needed to resolve the incident, including resources from JPMC partners, external vendors, JPMC lines of business
- Actively design and manage personal improvement plan to set and meet team and individual performance goals
- Participate in post-incident reviews and problem management activities
- Proactively contribute to improvement activities during incident downtime
- Technology; Production support experience preferred; Application Development experience a plus
- Prior experience of running the incident bridge for application and/or technology issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident Management practices, skills and tools
- Broad understanding of technology frameworks across mainframe, midrange and distributed technologies
- General understanding of Financial Services and key drivers of business performance
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with senior technology and Business management
- Ability to influence others across all contributing teams and disciplines
- Strong team player, ability to foster relationships from both a business and technical point of view
- ITIL training and certification preferred
- Committed to process improvement, LEAN and/or Six Sigma training a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.