|Job Type:||Full Time|
Missions & Responsibilities
Our Industrial Engineering Team is critical to driving forward our successes as a business and is an integral part of the Air Liquide UK Team. We are now looking to appoint a Service and Maintenance Manager at our production plant based in Coleshill.
The ideal candidate would be accountable for the reliability, maintainability, availability, compliance and performance of all onsite installations and service activities in line with customer and business expectations.
How you'll make an impact:
- Oversee and animate the maintenance and service strategy for Bulk and Packaged gases.
- Supporting the Primary Production and Operation Managers with regard to the maintenance and operation of primary production and Speciality Gases.
- Ensure an efficient and cost effective organisation to meet agreed scope of maintenance installation and operation of equipment and processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain maintenance and engineering procedures and standards, ensuring continued compliance with legislation, industry codes of practice and company standards.
- Provide technical support in plant operations, maintenance and troubleshooting to direct teams and other stakeholders.
- Manage planned and reactive maintenance and inspection activities to meet objectives.
- Monitor performance of installations and take action to improve, particularly on onsite generators.
- Manage the performance of subcontractors and suppliers in line with defined and expectations.
- Financial control and continuous improvement - CAPEX and Opex budget preparation.
- Responsible for the individual performance and behaviour of team members against defined standards; applying necessary recognition and correction as required in line with policies.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree/HNC in Mechanical / Process / Chemical Engineering
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience of working in a Maintenance or Service role within a Chemical Process or Industrial Gas industry or similar industry
- Great communication skills both verbally and written and confident in face to face interaction
- Ability to lead direct and develop existing team through proactive people management of team
- IT skills - ability to use PCs and associated software
- Change management experience in both process and routines as well as the cultural developments within the team
- Ability to work on own initiative to organise, prioritise work under a pressurised environment and adapt readily in response to operational changes
- Attention to accuracy
Location: Coleshill, West Midlands, UK
Competitive Salary + bonus - Extended parental support leave, open to discussing flexible working, mentoring schemes, perks at work, dedicated talent development team to help your career progress, generous pension scheme, mental health wellbeing ambassador support.
Why work for us?
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
As a business operating in sectors all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits to our customers, our company and our employees. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
“ Gender diversity is a source of value and competitive advantage, along with other forms of diversity like nationality, age, educational background. Such diversity makes us a stronger and more successful company. ”
Benoît Potier, Chairman and CEO of Air Liquide
Did you know we are an endorsed employer with #Work180.. Check out our employer page here!
Throughout the pandemic we have remained resilient and have even continued to grow as a strong organisation. We may adapt the recruitment process by using video interviews where possible during the recruitment process. Safety always remains our key priority.