|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join Abcam as Content Marketing Specialist
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
In this varied role, you will work alongside scientific writers, channel owners, analysts and designers to drive content marketing planning, production and analysis. You will be responsible for understanding what content types drive action from our audiences, using this insight to develop and shape content marketing plans, communicating our activities across the business, and supporting content production.
Reports to: Global Content Manager
- Develop and maintain an integrated content marketing editorial calendar
- Create plans for re purposing and promotion of content and ensure that new and updated content is promoted through appropriate channels
- Analyse data to report on content performance and identify content types and topics that drive action from target audiences, using insight to contribute to content marketing plans to improve performance
- Contribute to content ideation as part of campaigns and content programs, performing research and competitive analysis feed into this
- Manage content development and review workflows
- Support with content production – including content re purposing and optimisation for specific channels, SEO optimisation, proofreading and website content maintenance
- Work with channel owners to ensure content is promoted through correct channels
Summary of Job Requirements:
Education, Training & Qualifications
- Life science degree
- Marketing qualification, such as CIM
Experience – work, research, voluntary, other
- Significant experience in a content marketing role that included content planning and strategy, and analysis of performance.
- Experience working collaboratively within a large cross-functional team
- Experience managing projects independently
- Working with commonly used systems, such as Google Analytics, SEMrush (or similar) and content management systems
- Content marketing experience within the life science industry
Specific skills & abilities
- Good organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to generate and analyse data and effectively apply the insights you gain, both to your own work and to guide others
- Good understanding of promotional channels and SEO optimisation
- Excellent written communication with exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Curious, creative thinker who isn’t afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Results focused with a data-led mindset
- Ideally based in Cambridge office
Career progression opportunities
- Opportunity for progression to Senior Content Specialist
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.