|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
The IT Vendor Managements Team’s focus is on delivery of a Vendor Management service. The team is also responsible for maximising efficiency in the renewal of contractual commitments across Ocado Group IT, Technology and Services making sure renewal dates are met in a timely manner as well as handling of contract data to capture all essential information. maintaining a one truth contracts source.
We’re looking for a Supplier Relationship Management to manage key relationships across our IT Vendor network and to drive our goal of Implementing and running a successful Supplier Relationship Management practice
What would I be doing?
As the Supplier Relationship Manager in the Group IT department you will be responsible for the management of key Relationships across our supplier base . Specifically you will:
- Ensure SOC2 control measures are Implemented and functioning correctly
- Own the supplier onboarding process
- Oversee and coordinate the SRM process for our Tier 1, 2 and 3 Suppliers
- Champion Executive Sponsors, Business Owners and Technical Leads in fulfilling their roles within the SRM process
- Develop and maintain Scorecards collaboratively with our Suppliers and key customers
- Field inquiries from Accounts Payable to support resolving Tier 1 supplier invoice related issues
- Use purchasing and vendor data reports as necessary from existing Software Applications (Oracle, Manage Engine and INFIMIS) to drive decision making and future planning and direction setting
- Identify ways to manage Risk and reduce the overall risk across the IT & Technology Landscape
- Collaborate with suppliers to improve their processes and drive enhanced performance
- Improve the end to end processes as necessary to eliminate root causes of waste
- Manage the exit of suppliers from the business
- Provide backup coverage to the Technology Procurement Manager as needed
- Lead the team to deliver effective SRM providing line Management and direction setting for team
What we are looking for
- Proven track record in Supplier Relationship Management
- An excellent understanding of Supplier Relationship Management process and procedure
- Demonstrable experience of Maximising the value provided by 3rd party organisations (not just cost savings)
- An good understanding of IT hardware/software and maintenance/ support services
- Ability to prioritize workload against business/project requirements and key customers
- Natural ability to collaborate and build strong relationships at all levels Internal and External to the Business
- Proven track record in liaising with external suppliers
- People Management skills
- Demonstrable experience of Maximising the value provided by 3rd party organisations (excluding cost savings)
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- CIPS qualification Level 5 or working towards, an appreciation of ITIL
- Procurement Management experience
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.