|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Assistant to join our team in Croydon. This will be ideal for a candidate who has a passion for safety and who wishes to develop their career.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring the provision of accurate and timely administrative support for the safety team and to facilitate the smooth running of the safety department by providing organizational support.
- Instilling in all employees the desire to act instinctively in a safe manner themselves with regard to their own and others' safety and to be fully participative in the company's arrangements for implementing, monitoring and improving safety.
- Managing the administration of safety team documentation, strategies and files. Implementing competency management systems to ensure accurate records.
Who are we looking for?
- Proficient in the MS Office and Adobe package
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skill and organizational skills
- Demonstrable ability to assist with data/trend analysis
- Interest/desire of Health & Safety (opportunity for career progression)
- NCRQ Certificate in Applied Safety Management or equivalent
- Diary contact for Head of Safety; plan, organize and prepare for meetings/appointments in advance.
- Provide a consistent level of clerical support for the wider safety team, maintain relevant records, files and systems to enable retrieval of information within fifteen minutes.
- Take, produce and distribute minutes of safety/management meetings.
- Ensure work methods, standards, procedures & documentation are current and displayed appropriately.
- Support the Safety Manager in delivery of the company safety, quality and environment plans; conduct risk assessments and compliance audits as required.
- Liaise with the Operations Standards and Training Manager to ensure safety critical workers are identified, trained and assessed at appropriate intervals; support assessor team in ensuring competence records are kept up to date.
- Prepare internal audit plans and ensure that reports are recorded accurately.
- Provide periodic reports on safety performance, including summaries of all incidents and actions taken, status of investigations where undertaken, and analysis of trends against Safety Indicators.
- Effectively maintain statutory and company safety records.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure good communication and teamwork.
- To undertake any additional duties at the request of the line manager, that is deemed to be within your competency.
- To adhere to all TOL & FirstGroup policies and procedures.
- To undertake any training and development activities at the request of the line manager.
- To comply with all Group Safety policies and support new initiatives.
What do we offer?
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- The chance to buy discounted First shares.
- Discounted train travel for you and your family on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains).
- On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you and your family and friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services
What do we do?
We run four main lines on behalf of Transport for London, keeping 30 trams running safely and reliably nearly 24/7. Our customers rely on us to get them to where they want to go. So, everyone has a big part to play from our tram drivers and mechanics to our support, revenue and control centre teams.
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organization because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now