|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Business Program Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Global Datacenter Operations team!
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As the successful Business Program Manager, your performance objectives include:
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise related to the delivery of datacenter-centric services
- Solve complex challenges between remote and on-premise support personnel
- Prepare quarterly spend management review materials at datacenter site and regional level
- Assist with tracking of datacenter Maintenance and Repair activities
- Implement an end-to-end standardized procurement tracking process including metrics and reporting
- Create and manage the end-to-end process for the planning and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and programs
- Manage supplier contracts relating to maintenance and leasing of on-campus vehicles and material handling equipment
- Evaluate cost savings opportunities and implement strategic projects to realize savings
- Leverage local subject matter expert's tribal knowledge, spread adoption of best practices, and expose best practices to the onsite datacenter field teams
- Act on opportunities to increase agility, and contribute to workstreams to evolve processes, services, and solutions for Operations and Service Level Agreements for CO+I
- Coordinate closely between datacenter field operations teams and Global Business Operations to foster alignment and partnerships for business success
Capabilities important to success include:
- Operational Planning & Project Management: Show structured thinking, planning, and the ability to execute by working through others, influencing without authority, and dealing with ambiguity
- Exceptional written and Interpersonal skills: Communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders, senior managers, and leaders about our programs and objectives
- Customer/Stakeholder Focus: Gather stakeholder impressions of services and programs, integrating this feedback into decision making. Allocate and align resources to optimize the stakeholder and partner experience.
- Performance Goal and Standards Setting: Develop and communicate to realistic timelines via plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate + long-term consequences
- Understand datacenter business objectives: Critically review multiple plans and adjust as needed. Proactively communicate and address necessary trade-offs
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Regularly scan the environment to help anticipate changes that could affect key programs and projects. Effectively changes plans, goals, actions or priorities to respond to changing situations
- Team Player: Ability to both contribute strategically to this relatively new team and support strategic decisions once debate is over
- Minimum 4 years' experience in datacenter-related functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Program Management, or equivalent work experience
- At least three years’ experience with cost and expense management
- At least two years’ experience with industry program and project management skills
- At least two years’ experience working with collaboration platforms (e.g. SharePoint, MS Teams etc.)
- At least one year’s experience with reporting and data analysis systems & platforms (e.g. PowerBI)
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.