|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently looking for 5 Engineering Technicians to join our team at Ocado’s state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfilment Centre which is around 150,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. This is a 6 month fixed term contract with the possibility for an extension or to be made permanent.
About the role:
The Engineering Team are responsible for all of the day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities as well as improvement works at the Customer Fulfilment Centre on MHE; such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, robotics and more!
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of control systems would be great
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the CFC
- While experience working in an engineering setting is great, we welcome applications from graduates with no hands on experience in engineering.
Shift: Our Engineering Team work 12 hour shifts working an average of 42 hours per week, where you will be required to work weekdays and weekends both days and nights.
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 DOE
As an Engineering Technician you will play an important part in supporting the operation, by providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- Significant experience working in the leading grocery automation business.
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Employee Assistance Programme