About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a diverse and discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our journalism is given life across our multi-platform portfolio, including The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph newspapers and their digital version in The Telegraph Edition app. Our content is also distributed on a range of third party platforms including Apple News, Facebook, Snapchat, Google Home and Amazon Alexa. With 25 million UK visitors every month and 90 million browsers globally, our journalism reaches more people than ever before.
Our vision is to pioneer new ways to serve at least 10 million registered customers through quality journalism and experiences, bringing them closer to us and each other. We’ll achieve this with the constant evolution of our journalistic techniques and by using the data and understanding we have of
The Telegraph’s well-informed audience to successfully further diversify into and grow revenue streams from advertising, travel, events, financial services and subscriptions.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs and people values, please visit our corporate site. To see our latest brand campaign visit telegraph.co.uk/wordschosenwell.
Role purpose and overview
The role supports the Personal Finance Editor and Deputy Personal Finance Editor in overseeing the expanding team of reporters responsible for The Telegraph’s award-winning money coverage.
It comes as The Telegraph is growing, evolving and investing in its multi-channel personal finance publishing (currently producing two broadsheet print sections per week plus seven days of online articles). In coming months we will offer our audience more - and more engaging - news, information, advice and services while at the same time safeguarding our reputation for independence, accuracy and trustworthiness.
The Personal Finance Assistant Editor will:
- commission, edit and publish multi-channel content including digital, newsletters and print, managing the fast-paced digital workflow of the desk
- make sure news stories are spotted and picked up throughout the day
- work with reporters to come up with and develop ideas
- use analytics to inform and improve idea generation and presentation
- understand the range of our audience and how to improve visibility and engagement of articles, including headline and SEO best practice
- play an integral role in what is a happy, committed, ambitious and hard-working team
Essential skills required for the role
The ideal candidate will be:
- a strong writer
- an excellent editor with an impeccable eye for detail
- knowledgeable in all fields of personal finance
- bursting with ideas
- alive to the interests of our audience
- highly organised, fast working, confident, energetic and enthusiastic
Additional skills useful for the role
- skilled in digital publishing
- comfortable with the use of analytics
- experienced in print production
What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate
- A smart, dynamic team of colleagues setting the agenda for personal finance journalism
- The fastest-growing personal finance desk in British journalism, benefitting from new investment on the back of a strong legacy
- A friendly, dedicated newsroom that encourages collaboration between desks and is setting the pace for the future of the industry
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Applications for this role will close on November 25th 2020.