|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameEastern Region
About Network Rail
Network Rail are revitalising Britain's railway. We are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse feats of civil engineering the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel, making a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
We're looking for a Rail Management Engineer to lead and motive our Rail Management team who can effectively fulfil our inspection, testing and maintenance of our rails and associated assets.
Without you and your team maintaining and improving the track, we wouldn't be able to operate the railway. You can come to work proud knowing that you will be making a difference to our millions of passengers every single day.
We need your dedication and passion for engineering and maintenance to continue being a top performing route.
About the role (External)
If you are inspired and excited about the tasks and challenges below, join us:
- Managing and mentoring your staff, ensuring their safety, competency and growth
- Identifying and implementing asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives
- Building and agreeing inspection, testing and maintenance programmes
- Delivering inspection and testing schemes
- Prioritising work arising and agreeing work plans
- Creating an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks
- A technical competence in rail management processes and techniques
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- HNC/ HND or equivalent qualification
It's not essential, but we'd love it ifyou possessed knowledge of mentoring techniques.
How to apply (External)
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal dedication to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We follow a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: 4C; £40,107 - £45,120. Closing date: 30 November 2020.