|Job Type:||Full Time|
Intern opportunities for undergraduate students: Customer Facing Technology – Customer Engineer
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Business Area – Customer Success Unit
The Customer Success Account Manager role would be within the Customer Success Unit (CSU) which is responsible for enabling Microsoft's largest Enterprise Customers on their journey to embrace Digital Transformation. The Customer Success Unit is a large organization which works with some of the world's best known brands along with the UK's largest Public Sector organisations. The community is made up of a diverse mix of technical, change management and support delivery skills and experiences. The CSU’s expertise is supporting customers in becoming adopters of Microsoft's cloud technologies.
As we are anticipating a high volume of applications, we will close this role once we reach our threshold likely to be in less than one week from posting. You may find for some of our more popular roles this will happen very quickly so if you're interested please don't delay your application.
Please note we are doing this with you in mind, to ensure where we can that you have the best application experience.
The Intern Experience
The Intern Programme isn’t your average tea-making, hand-holding internship. It’s your chance to join a team where you will work on real projects from the start, with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Develop your natural talents and build experience that will change how you look at everything, from smartphones to search engines. We are hiring interns across all of our business areas. So, whatever your skill set, we have an internship programme that will challenge and develop your current capabilities.
Our interns work on projects that matter with teams that will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects. You'll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable field with a minimum of one semester or term to complete after an internship.
Customer Engineer Role Overview
Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premises environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
CEs participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs and represent them. The CE provides the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers and seeks information about the underlying needs of customers. CEs cultivate relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise. The CE identifies opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with Customer Success business priorities and stakeholder management principles.
As a CE intern, you will work very closely with a CE manager and mentor to understand the CE role.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- Pursuing either a bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage relationships, both internally and with customers, to support the team to create business transformation
- Strong organisational skills and willingness to learn.
- Strong passion for technology and working with customers
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.