|Job Type:||Full Time|
When was the last time you got in on the ground floor of a new technology? - no, strike that, a new field?
We’re expanding the team chartered with creating and delivering a new support experience for customers working in Data and Artificial Intelligence.
We need people who love helping customers solve tough problems; people who can develop processes and systems that ensure success for our customers and our team; and those who can thrive in ambiguity (who knows what types of challenges and problems we’ll encounter).
Sound fun? Challenging? Tough? If that appeals to you *and* you work well in a team, then we want to hear from you!
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service to provide in-depth technical support for complex escalated problems identified in Microsoft software products or services and manage relationships with those customers. Occasionally, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer focus skills.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Receive escalated, technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues, and maintain ownership of issue until resolved completely.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of products and report software bugs and customer product enhancements to the Product Group.
- May act as technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer.
- Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the R&D Team, and 3rd party support partner (Open Source), in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
- Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc., as needed to help enhance our CSS Front of Funnel strategy and drive one-to-many customer and partner impact.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all related products, technologies and upcoming releases. Take proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements in key product areas based on key data points.
- Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24x7 “on-call” responsibilities and weekend work, with the ability to work a flexible schedule, cover weekends, and/or cover a 10-7 shifts.
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Provide consulting services to partners and customers to increase product market share.
- This job is for a Saturday to Wednesday Shift [10:00-19:00 EEST]. This shift may change in the future based on business needs
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft.
- A self-motivated and independent thinker that shows initiative and routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
- Ability to distil, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
- Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
- Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex technical issues involving multiple technologies
- Collaborative and inclusive mindset
- Ability to handle high pressure situations well, while maintaining calm and composure in stressful situations is a must.
- Strong ability to lead, perform, and deliver results in high pressure situations with multiple parties involved
- Ability to handle multiple customer issues and effectively balance your priority need.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any STEM related field that has a significant computing element
The role would require you to specialize in just one or two of these skill groups.
Group A –SQL Cloud
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server either on-premises or Azure DB, or experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL or MariaDB
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2014 /SQL 2016 at dev level (SQL language, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Data Migration Services and/or SQL Server Data Migration Assistant
- Linux/Unix Administration is a plus
- Competency with Windows, networking, Active Directory, Clustering or virtualization
- Experience managing applications and services through PowerShell, Bash or similar scripting languages.
Group B – PostgreSQL/MySQL/MariaDB
- MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL, knowledge on both is preferred.
- Previous experience requirement with administration, operation, or development with OSS Databases
- Owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests
- Building and deploying DDL and DML to implement application features and function.
- Managing operational needs of the database (DB) subsystems (e.g. DB backups, maintenance, monitoring), tuning and performance optimization
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery solutions for PostgreSQL/MySQL
Building data and DB subsystems to scale to maximum performance.
- Install and monitor PostgreSQL database using the standard monitoring tools Analyze daily logs using and query tuning.
- Maintain custom vacuum strategies at table and database level.
- General database administration with generic performance troubleshooting knowledge
- Monitor code migration and database change management through various stages of the development life cycle.
- Understanding of the PostgreSQL/MySQL Architecture and internals
- Skilled with PostgreSQL/MySQL database clusters, replication, and high availability, tuning and scalability.
- Knowledgeable of OSS database utilities and tools
- Understanding of PostgreSQL extensions
- Understanding of replication and high availability tools and methods. Including knowledge on High Availability and
- Connection Pooling & Load Balancing PostgreSQL workloads
- Understanding on tuning Memory parameters in PostgreSQL
- Gain and share expertise in database technologies other than PostgreSQL including SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience in collaboration within different organizational teams, including escalation teams and R&D Teams, and 3rd party support partners (Open Source).
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with the Open Source ecosystem.
Group C – SQL VM
- Hands on experience with either SQL Server or Azure SQL VM
- Heterogeneous Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL, DB2 etc.
- Understanding of cloud technology
- An understanding of .Net Framework
- Hands on experience with Windows Administration and Identity Management
- Hands on experience with Storage Management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.