Last updated an hour ago
Role Title: ETF Operations Manager
Business: Retail Banking and Wealth Management
New or Existing Role- New
- ETF Operations is a new team within HSBC Global Asset Management providing dedicated support to the ETF business in the launch, listing, daily lifecycle and transformation of HSBC UCITS ETFs.
- We are specifically recruiting an individual to assist the ETF Operations Lead in the support of the Capital Markets and Portfolio Management teams and the ETF transformation agenda. The role would therefore suit a candidate with prior ETF Trade or Portfolio Management Support and/or Fund Issuance Operations experience.
- The role holder will act as the first point of contact for operational aspects of the ETF business, will manage BAU operational processes and work collaboratively with delivery partners and subject matter experts in providing change/implementation management.
Impact on the Business:
- Manage the daily operational activities of the ETF Operations team and support the overall business proposition. The role will report to the ETF Operations Lead and will involve liaison with various teams across AMG, the Management Company and service providers in the support of new fund launches, exchange listings and on day to day operational matters, providing specialist ETF operations input, advice and guidance.
- Identify areas for improvement and enhancement in process and service delivery capabilities and introduce new processes and controls as appropriate to support business growth. This will be done in line with the overall strategy for the Funds and in conjunction with the Management Company to ensure that the service providers are part of this process.
- Support and participate in regular service reviews performed on the various service providers to the Fund and in the periodic reliance reviews performed on the Transfer Agent to the Fund
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provide highest quality service levels ensuring regulatory and internal audit standards are achieved at all times.
- Provide assistance to Portfolio Management/Front Office to address and resolve any identified corporate action, payment, fee, PCF, NAV valuation, trade and reconciliation issues. Serve as liaison between the Capital Markets/Transfer Agency teams and Authorised Participants for primary market operational queries.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including Product Development and Technology, to ensure successful development and implementation of new products and processes. Employ an improvement mindset to identify and define issues or problems that are less obvious; participate actively and constructively in brainstorming meetings where problems are discussed and/or resolved.
- Work with the Management Company (HIFL) and HIFL’s service providers, prospects and clients to identify and develop new services. Bring structure and order to undefined problems and/or large scale problems, making them easier to address and solve. Use systemic thinking and creativity in devising solution options.
- Input to the quarterly reports submitted via the Management Company to the Funds Board of Directors.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support the build out of an expanded ETF Operations team.
- Demonstrate core behaviours and values including teamwork, focus, drive and determination.
- Work collaboratively across peer group and organisation to ensure business requirements are met.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure effective management of day to day BAU activity.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support the day to day operations of HSBC Exchange Traded Funds, manage and monitor the end-to-end ETF operating model in conjunction with the Management Company.
- Identify operational weaknesses, provide solutions and have a proactive approach to improving the operations function.
- Ensure appropriate reporting and escalation of errors and issues.
- The ETF Operations Manager will be required to support the ETF Operations Lead in managing the end-to-end ETF operating model.
- Consistently provide excellent operations support to the ETF business, always aiming to enhance the service and demonstrate a proactive approach.
- Ensure an understanding and awareness of systems infrastructure changes.
- Continually build and maintain good relationships with external service providers and internal stakeholders.
- Strive to support the day to day ETF business in the most effective manner. Provide a highly professional, competent and skilled service to the business. Act with due care and diligence at all times.
- AUM of the ETF business is $9.4bn as of Q3 2020 with a clear business objective to organically build-out AMG’s ETF business with 5-year accelerated growth and market share targets.
- Develop and sustain awareness of the Operational Risk scenarios associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Understand requirement to communicate and escalate issues and act accordingly in an appropriate and timely manner as required.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to all relevant FIM requirements.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to all other internal and external regulatory requirements.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.