|Job Type:||Full Time|
Expedia has an exciting opportunity for a hardworking, high energy Sourcing Manager to join our Procurement team and will be based out of our Seattle office.
In this role, you will be responsible for procurement of marketing services supporting Expedia business units and marketing brand teams globally. Utilizing your deep procurement experience, you will work directly with the marketing teams to lead activities that facilitate effective vendor selection and ongoing vendor management, to deliver continuous savings, performance & process improvement to the business units and brands.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrated experience managing the Procurement of Marketing resources
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the marketing categories in Expedia
- Coordinating and communicating the overall procurement strategy and assist the business with the procurement process and tools
- Lead marketing sourcing and procurement projects across all marketing categories. These projects typically involve working across multiple products and brands, as well as multiple geographies, in order to develop one Expedia solution wherever possible
- For individual procurement projects build, communicate and execute work plans and timelines. Identify the required supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers, as well as track and report on progress / issues
- Deliver sustainable value by leading negotiations with vendors on the scope of work, commercials & contract, which will involve working with legal, finance, tax and other internal departments
- Be a strategic partner to business throughout the sourcing process
- Build and maintain vendor relationships
- Support the continuous development and evolution of a marketing vendor database, using vendors data to drive efficiencies and effective vendor management
- Act as the point of contact for critical issues to both our business partners and other areas such as legal, finance, tax, audit
- Partner with internal departments to build moderate to complex product / service requirements and scope, assist with identifying vendors, manage the entire RFx process, provide vendor evaluation framework and recommendations on vendor selection
Who you are:
- Hands-on experience working an in corporate strategic procurement department required
- Demonstrated experience within the marketing category specifically
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry qualification is preferable, but not essential
- Essential knowledge of core procurement fundamentals with a marketing focus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Great teammate and able to work independently while prioritizing his/her own time and work
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal
- Experience of redlining contracts is essential
- Business partner relationship and influencing skills are essential, rising to the challenge when taking care of demanding business partners
- Capable of working with abstract concepts and presenting simply and clearly to others
- Strong problem-solving, lateral thinking, project management, planning organizational and interpersonal skills
- Driven by financial targets
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.