|Location:||West Yorkshire, West Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Bus Mechanic/Technician to join our team in Leeds - Hunslet Park
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Mechanic position could just be the job for you!
The salary for this position is £16.99 per hour (£32,500+ per annum).
Your working hours will be 37 per week on a Night Shift 5 over 7
What will you be doing?
The successful Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Interested? Apply Today!
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.