|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Risk @ GoCardless
We’re creating a new way to do Risk in Financial Services. We don’t do box-ticking, hide in our Risk corner in the office or employ an army of naysayers.
- ...are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but empowers it to achieve our goals
- ...automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies and believe real risk mitigation cannot be done by throwing people at the problem
- ...create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to feel they cannot wait to go through our processes
Your mission is to get our Risk org’ to work better, together
- Own the Risk organisation budget - our impact on the bottom line and Saas ratios (e.g LTV/CAC is always something we’d like to improve
- Develop our suite of leading and lagging Key Risk Indicators and KPIs - we don’t believe in qualitative risk measuring and work hard to represent our risk exposure in “hard” numbers
- Lead our cross-functional efforts - and work together with the Risk leads to ensure we get GC to grow faster and get better
- Ensure our team works to the beat of the drum - develop and own our operating cadence (OKRs, KPIs and KRIs reporting, org’ building and planning, comms strategy etc.)
- Represent us in all our senior stakeholders' meetings - from budget discussions to leadership and board meetings, you’ll ensure we are well prepared and ready to tackle any topic
This is all great but where will I progress from here?
Off the back of the rise of Fintech, we see how things change in the world of Risk - from Regtech to smart AI and machine learning fraud prevention models, we believe the industry is ready for disruption but still missing good people to lead the innovation.
At GC we are big believers in personal development and want to make sure your role is a good stepping stone for the rest of your career. We see the following progression paths in 2 years time -
- Grow from strength to strength - we see the value the team (CoS and one business analyst) bring and continue to grow it under your management
- Take on a functional Risk role - focus your attention and help us drive our Risk success by managing one of our functional teams
- See the world - we’re growing 70%-100% on HC YoY and always push to promote and create internal mobility
What we’re looking for
- You have experience with business and operational analysis - ideally with a consulting background
- You can closely tie any department performance into impact on our P&L or any Saas ratios
- Data production and manipulation is the base for everything you do - you are an expert in Excel and in SQL, know how to ask for data and know what ETL means
- You can figure out complex database structures and align the data to day to day operations
- You project manage in your sleep and know which tools to use and how
- You enjoy working with people and can help get the best out of them
- You have a proven record of improving internal processes, demonstrated by cost reduction and better customer experience
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you “this is how we’ve always done it”
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You thrive on operational efficiency
- You have a science degree (BSc)
- Have owned P&L reporting the past
- You’re positive and don’t get too bogged down when facing obstacles
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.