|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you like finding and exploiting security bugs? Have you ever wanted to develop and run fuzzers that scale to thousands of cores? Do you want to be part of a vulnerability research team dedicated to keeping the web safe?
The Edge vulnerability research team is responsible for securing Edge client code. We work with developers to ensure features are designed with security in mind and we work to identify bugs before hackers do. You will also work with our industry partners to contribute security improvements to the Chromium project to make the web safer for everyone.
In this role, you will be part of a team of talented security engineers performing vulnerability research focused on browsers. You will be expected to show experience with C/C++ vulnerability research (code audit, writing fuzzers, finding creative ways to break assumptions), a deep understanding of security fundamentals, computer science skills, and care deeply about keeping Microsoft customers safe.
- Lead and participate in security reviews to identify and mitigate risk in Microsoft Edge. Activities here include design review, code reviews, fuzzing, and penetration testing
- Be one of the security consultants for teams building new features in the next version of Edge.
- Identify and drive fixes to security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with other security teams across Microsoft to design and develop new security mitigations and defenses
- Work closely with our partners in the Chromium community to improve browser security
- Ability to learn new skills and operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Interact with the external security community, researchers and security conference presenters
- Excel in cross-group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for security
Help us to improve our techniques and processes by providing feedback and developing tooling
- B.S., Computer Science or equivalent work experience or degree
- Experience reviewing and writing C++
- Public track record of relevant security research, especially around browser vulnerability discovery
- Experience writing exploits for bugs, as well as bypassing security mitigations in operating systems
Development and deployment of fuzz testing software
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.