|Job Type:||Full Time|
Intern opportunities for undergraduate students: Consulting
Adoption Change Management Consultant Intern
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Business Area – Microsoft Services
The Microsoft Services vision is to help customers and partners realise their full potential through the accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. Microsoft Services goal is to be the best technical consulting business in the world, constantly delighting our customers through delivery.
As we are anticipating a high volume of applications, we will close this role once we reach our threshold likely to be in less than one week from posting. You may find for some of our more popular roles this will happen very quickly so if you're interested please don't delay your application.
Please note we are doing this with you in mind, to ensure where we can that you have the best application experience.
Consultant Role Overview
In a world of consumption based economics (driven by cloud and devices), adoption is the new currency. In response, Microsoft Services has created the Adoption and Change Management Practice (ACM P) with a charter to govern, prepare and manage Adoption & Change Management services offerings throughout the globe. This is an exciting opportunity to join a group of experienced Change Management Consultants to drive high value end user adoption for our customers through targeted individual, group and organizational change management services.
In your role as a Junior Change Consultant your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting customers in the development and execution of Adoption and Change Management programs to drive adoption of Microsoft services and deliver measurable business value.
- Assessing a customer’s ACM maturity and Business Impact through change management assessments and surveys and working with the customer and a Senior Change Consultant to define appropriate mitigation strategies
- Designing and undertaking workforce analysis to identify the key groups within an employee population and analyse how they will be impacted and react to the proposed change and their training needs
- Working with the customer and other Change Consultants to define communication strategies that address the concerns and motivations of the employee population
- Determining adoption metrics that can be used to measure success of the ACM project and make adjustments to plans as needed
- Deriving based on the ACM scope the related training plans to help end-users develop the knowledge and ability required to be successful
- Communicating effectively and collaborating as part of a team of professionals.
- Establishing and managing client expectations while maintaining a positive, proactive and professional demeanor
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
Experience with a defined change management methodology is desired but not required; training will be provided. You will need to demonstrate a passion for managing change.
In addition you will possess or be able to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Psychology, Marketing, Business or related field/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent social, communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.