Role Title: Senior ETF Product Developer
Business: Retail Banking Wealth Mgmt
- The growth of ETFs is a key business objective of HSBC Global Asset Management.
- A senior product developer is required to structure and develop new ETFs, new ETF platforms and enhance the existing ETF product set. Projects over the short to medium term to include: development of fixed income ETFs, a multiple share class model, currency hedging, an ETC platform and an expansion of the equity ETF offering.
Impact on Business
- Product structuring and design: convert concepts into products. Define and design new platforms, funds and fund features including index analysis. Identify key design issues and develop options/solutions.
- Project manage the structuring and design process working and driving key internal and external teams.
- Review and prepare feasibility studies and business cases for new products for submission to the Global Product Committee and Fund Board.
- Working with the competitor intelligence team; perform market analysis, competitor and product research relating to new products.
- Drafting of product related content for fund documents.
Customers / Stakeholders
- ETF Capability Head
- Capital Markets team
- ETF Sales teams
- Investment Teams
- Risk and Compliance
- External Counsel
- Management Company / Board
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work closely with the Head of Product Development – Global Funds, the Product Development team and the ETF team
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Compliance with Global Standards and control guidance
- Develop effective and robust products that adhere to the ever changing commercial and regulatory environment.
- Manage multiple initiatives (at different levels of granularity) which have overlapping timelines, ensure timely delivery in a compliant and risk controlled manner.
- Adapt to changing business priorities.
- Building strong relationships and trust with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Enhance the reputation of the Product Development team; strive for the team to become a centre of excellence
- The role of Global Product Development is the development of our global products in Luxembourg and Dublin so that they meet:
- AMG exacting standards and the HSBC brand; and
- Client and market needs and expectations.
- Currently 25 equity ETFs (2 Smart Beta)
- Irish UCITS
- Listed and registered in main European markets
- Ensure that new products, product features and associated documentation meet our FIM standards.
- Awareness of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)keys, HSBC Global Asset Management’s TCF philosophy and how this affects your role. Act in a manner that takes account of these keys to ensure fair outcomes for customers.