Title: Director of Mission Acceleration Centre / Director of Global Service Centre
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the role
Abcam Customer Operations has an ambitious strategy and an aggressive transformation agenda. A key part to the strategy is the creation of a new intelligent global shared service, known as the Mission Acceleration Centre. Its purpose is to bring together people and robotics to centralise, optimise and automate business processes that drive speed, quality and efficiency into the customer experience and operation. We need results-focused high-performance talent to join this effort.
The Director of Mission Acceleration Centre will set-up and lead a large centralised operational team, responsible for processes that are critical to us helping our global customers achieve their mission, faster.
As well as engaging, leading and developing our human teams, the role is responsible for our Robotic Process Automation strategy, developing and expanding the capabilities of our first digital employee, Abi. Partnering with Abcam Digital to build a blueprint and pipeline to rapidly discover, validate and automate new processes across the operation.
This role will report to the VP of Customer Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Setting up the new global team and leading service across 6 global locations
- Aligning, leading and developing the new team that support global customers through time-and-quality critical processes, including order entry
- Creating the demand to continuously pull more processes and tasks from local Mission Prep & Mission Support teams into the centralized model
- Partnering with Mission Control to prioritize process optimization opportunities and define the minimum standards for automation
- Owning the automation strategy, defining the blueprint and pro-actively creating an always-on pipeline of automation opportunities for Abi
- Setting the tone across the company on the strategic importance of robotics and building trust between humans and machines
- Building a customer-obsessed culture, using both employee & customer
transactional Net Promotor Scores to develop an unstoppable, highly engaged, and laser focused team
- Running a world-class service that delivers quantifiable value through significant improvements in tNPS and cost to serve
- Partnering with Abcam Digital to ensure RPA priorities and roadmaps are aligned
to rapidly move Abcam to a digital-first customer experience
- As a critical member of the Customer Operations Leadership Team, act as trusted advisor and deputy to the VP
- Extensive senior experience leading live operations that deliver business critical services in fast-paced digitalized global companies
- Proven experience leading customer operations teams through the digitalization journey, including successful use of RPA
- Demonstrated experience setting up and working with local and centralized operating models and shared service center’s
- Ability to bring together stakeholders on complex issues
- Team player mentality; willingness to take on abstract duties and work through ambiguity
- Ability to think creatively and abstractly about large issues and translate ideas into action
- Excellent communications skills; high level of attention to detail
- Domestic and international travel required
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full pay maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave. A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.