|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Software Engineer – Java/KBD
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operatons worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
Data Analytics and Engineering is an important function within the Global Equities and Prime Technology stack which helps business in predictive analysis and intelligent decision making. This function is going through a strategic technology transformation by adopting state-of-the art and high performance data engine and analysis tools. It is a multi-year program involving Technology and Quantitative Research teams globally.
Role and Responsibility Description:
We are looking for strong hands-on technologists to join the Equities and Prime Data Analytics team in UK region. Candidates will be expected to be best of breed software engineers; possess strong inter-personal skills as well as proven track record of delivering projects with highest code quality and adhering to timeliness.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
- Design, Development and Support of strategic data pipeline which involves re-engineering and enhancing the current stack.
- Producing scalable and resilient data services honoring high performance and high throughput requirements.
- Analyze and understand the business requirements clearly to come up with clean solutions promptly.
- Adhere to test driven development - writing clean code with appropriate unit tests and automated end to end tests as well.
- Must have experience in building Server Side Components / Services using Java.
- Exposure on java based standard open source frameworks like Spring Boot.
- Exposure on message/event driven Java framework and any standard Messaging products based on JMS, etc.
- Experience building http/rest-full services using java based frameworks.
- Experience on Jenkins/Teamcity, Maven, GIT or similar source control / build tools.
- Experience on RDBMs like Sybase, Oracle, etc.
- Exposure on NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB, KDB, etc.
- Comfortable working on Unix based environment.
- Familiarity with Python based application development will be an added advantage.
- Experience on Kdb+/Q based application development will be an asset.
- Engineering degree from top tier University.
- Java programming experience is a must.
- Analyze and fix problems quickly.
- Capable of working independently as well as part of the global team.
- Learn quickly and apply new skills effectively.