|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation seeks newProgram Manager in Energy Markets, focused on the EMEA region (Europe, MiddleEastand Africa). The candidate will manage a portfolio of activities to optimize and execute opportunities in datacenter energy supply and technology, including: support site selection efforts, lead datacenter interconnection strategy and execution in partnership with utilities, develop business cases for new technology applications, communicate project needs and manage relationships across key internal and external stakeholders, and identify & engage with market conditions & regulations material to large power consumers.
The candidate will have the ability to develop creative solutions that combine knowledge of regulated and deregulated power markets to deliver power to Microsoft datacenters. In addition, the candidate should be capable of developing commercial applications for advanced energy technologies. The candidate will need to broadly understand the dynamics of energy markets and Microsoft’s own unique position in the energy sector. This necessitates that the candidate brings an innovative, collaborative presence to the role towards driving commercial & technology execution to realize business goals, lower costs, and meet sustainability targets.
Job location is flexible within EU.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impactourculture every day.
- Lead datacenter interconnection and energy supply contract development with utilities and third-party energy suppliers in support of Microsoft’s datacenter businesses inEMEA
- Assist in the analysis of energy industry trends, market policy and regulations to proactively identify opportunities to reducecost, minimize risk, and advance sustainabilitygoals
- Partner with globally distributed internal stakeholders on site selection and energy project development,e.g.distributed energy, renewables
- Workcollaboratively with external vendors and consultants on regional marketresearch
- Develop internal business cases including providing input on financial models and marketresearch
- Build relationships with external suppliers and partners, particularly electric utilities, local and regional governments, customers, and energy technologyproviders
- Workwith third parties to develop and monitor analytics tools for portfolio analysis.
- Business travel required (10%-25%, subject to fluctuation with business tempo)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, engineering disciplines, business, or sustainability
- 3-5+years of experience in project management and development
- 3-5+years of experience in the energy sector with exposure to wholesale and retail power markets
- Broad understanding of the power industry, withspecificfocus on the mechanics of power markets.
- Strong analytical capabilities to supportreviewof utility tariffs, power contracts and power market fundamentals.
- Possess an entrepreneurial, self-directed spirit and proven track record of project execution.
- Proactive teamplayerwith high emotional intelligence capable of adapting to ambiguous environments with cross-group collaboration and problem-solvingabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications (verbal and written)skills
- Location is flexible inEurope
- Growth mindset with problem-solving skills
- International business experience in EMEA, including working proficiency in relevant languages,e.g.Dutch, French, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Polish, German, and Arabic.
- Understanding of and experiencewithworking with energy suppliers and utility providers.
- MBA/post-graduate degree in relevant fieldsaplus, though experience inconsultingand power/energy industries may substitute for relevant graduate education in this regard. \
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.