|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide. Our pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, launched in 2018, is still going strong – and alongside that we're busy creating our next magical world, Everwild, announced in 2019 to a global audience.
We strive to make Rare an amazing place to work, embracing a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for our developers. Our custom-built Twycross studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for us to grow. Studio benefits are catered to making life easier for staff, including flexible working, a bonus scheme, an industry-leading pension package, private healthcare, mental health initiatives and free events for employees and their families.
By joining Rare, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Xbox Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Senior VFX artist to join our team at Rare. We want to hear from people who have a passion for solving difficult challenges, a thirst for innovation and a drive for just making the best games possible. Working with the respective Art teams, Design and Engineering disciplines; you will be involved in content creation, help define and assist in developing scalable VFX workflow, work collaboratively on innovative features with Technical Artists and Engineers, whilst always searching for ways we can improve. If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and, most importantly, want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Creating high quality in-game visual effects that work well with the visual direction of the game whilst staying within frame performance and time constraints
- Create VFX from concept to completion for different gameplay features and events
- Work collaboratively with the Art/Design/Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Effective time and team management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
Required Experience & Qualifications
- A professional portfolio or VFX blog
- Development experience with at least one full project cycle as a VFX Artist for Current Generation Games.
- More than 2 years Game development or Film VFX production experience
- Good knowledge of content creation packages (Houdini/Maya/After Effects/etc)
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Python/HLSL
- Strong eye for quality
- Excellent artistic ability
- Excellent eye for quality control and detail
- A broad technical understanding with the capacity to learn and utilize new skills quickly
- Experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent is a plus
- Some knowledge of 3D graphics and rendering techniques especially Lighting and Shading would be a bonus
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-organised and proactive
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism as well as constructively critique the work of others