As part of Abcam’s growth strategy, investment into and execution of successful strategic programmes are essential, which is why we are looking for a Finance Business Partner, Strategic Programmes, to utilise their financial expertise coupled with their commercial acumen to advise and influence strategic decision making.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner senior level business stakeholders on corporate level strategic programmes such as employee share schemes and business wide initiatives
- Partner strategic office and project management office to ensure financial performance and targeting of strategic programmes is consistent and Board level messaging is aligned across the Business
- Ensure best practice and commonality in our approach to strategic programme business cases
- Be part of the HR leadership team to look at Business wide impacts such as Talent and provide financial expertise
You will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a professional qualification and have previous experience working in a Commercial Finance environment. You will need the ability to work alongside and influence senior members of staff, with particular reference to Exec and VP level. You should also possess strong commercial acumen and the ability to see the bigger picture coupled with advanced analytical and scenario planning skills.
The following skills are equally important:
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks for multiple stakeholders operating to their own deadlines
- Strong excel skills including ability to reconcile and summarise large volumes of data
- Sound organisational and planning skills
The successful candidate will be ambitious, a competent self-starter and have the ability to settle into a fast paced business.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.