As part of Abcam’s strategy, investment decisions across base business and strategic objectives will drive optimal efficiency. Which is why we are looking for a Finance Business Partner, P&L to utilise their financial expertise and efficiency to advise and influence strategic decision making.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Central to FP&A, reviewing the business at total P&L level ensuring optimisation for business resources and interdependencies (short term and long term) are understood and messaged appropriately
- Lead and drive change through instigation of best practice and alignment across business partnering and core finance teams
- Work with business facing FP&A teams to design of optimum roles and responsibilities across the team
- Drive the development and capability of the analyst community to ensure alignment across business functions
- Understand Abcam P&L and different views that can be taken to generate insight and influence business planning and performance
You will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a professional qualification and have previous experience working in a Commercial Finance environment. You will need the ability to work alongside and influence senior members of staff. You should also possess strong commercial acumen and the ability to see the bigger picture coupled with advanced analytical and scenario planning skills.
The following skills are equally important:
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks for multiple stakeholders operating to their own deadlines
- Strong excel skills including ability to reconcile and summarise large volumes of data
- Sound organisational and planning skills
- Previous experience of Oracle desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be ambitious, a competent self-starter and have the ability to settle into a fast paced business.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.