|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
Microsoft's Business Applications Domain helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft Dynamics solutions and the full portfolio of Microsoft Products through accelerated adoption and productive use of technologies. We work on the most critical line of business workloads to create innovative business centric and outcome driven solutions to solve key business challenges. The Microsoft Business Applications Domain team is part of a global organization of exceptional people who lead and serve our partners as they realize their full potential through software and services. The Architect Manager role will be key to leading and coaching an experienced team of architects.
The Architect Manager is a key leadership role to support the business growth within Business Applications Domain. They govern a portfolio of accounts and are a key driver of the delivery lifecycle, bringing their executive expertise to remove barriers and deliver successful customer outcomes through the power of their teams. This role will be key in driving a major transformational change within our business as we move to the next level of maturity as a business. The role works with other services roles and account teams to create new market opportunities and deliver new solutions leveraging the business applications platform as well as leading, coaching and managing a team of senior architects. The role will play a key role in defining the strategy of the team as the platform rapidly evolves.
- Change. Experience in driving large scale change within an established team to reflect changing market conditions and a new approach.
- Leadership. Leading, coaching and managing technical and functional architects and consultants
- Outcome driven. Driving measurable business outcomes, with a strong focus on achieving that outcome
- Business strategy. Defining and supporting the business applications group strategy to support the digital transformation journey, whilst driving a profitable business for Microsoft and ensuring the Business Applications team attracts and retains the best talent.
- Growth mindset. Promoting our goals as a team, driving innovation, growth, impact and business outcomes within the team
- Stakeholder Management. Both internal and client facing stakeholder management, acting as a key sponsorship role within this capacity
- Business Development. Support business development within the wider Microsoft regional and account teams
- Solution. Ensure our projects and delivery work aligns to the platform roadmap and solutions strategy.
- Delivery. Acting in a senior sponsorship role, delivery oversight of the portfolio from a solution perspective
- Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams
- Business to Technology Strategy. Drive solutions/design wins by performing Architectural Governance across the Domain portfolio to ensure Quality outcomes. Clearly demonstrates the architectural team drives return on investment (ROI) for customers and partners whilst aligning to Microsoft goals
- Be an Enterprise Services role model. Strong Leadership of both the Domain Architects Community and Cross-Domain Communities. Mentors Domain Architects and Local Architects whilst growing the Cross-Domain Solution Architecture Community. Generates a diverse and inclusive workgroup environment, demonstrating and cross group collaboration Technology
- Delivery Management. Creates a high performing team through participating in resource and capacity planning mechanisms to hire/re-skill or adjust resource levels for optimal efficiency and capacity within the Domain. Drives Delivery Excellence throughout the team, ensuring high quality customer transformation plans and solutions. Communicates vision, Business direction & Workgroup Core Priorities
- Optimizing Business results. Participates alongside team in Opportunity management through establishing a healthy pipeline to drive & win solutions/design in line with Microsoft strategy. Delivers against a Practice plan, ensuring that predictable and healthy business results are achieved
- Management. Proven success and expertise in people and direct line management of teams of 5 or more people in enterprise service delivery
- Experience. Consultancy background, with 10+ years of experience in consultative delivery required as an enterprise architect or equivalent delivery role
- ERP Delivery Experience - Whilst this is not a hands on delivery role. We are looking for somebody with proven delivery track record in large scale ERP solutions (e.g. SAP, Oracle or D365)
- Industry. Significant experience in a major industry vertical such as FSI, Energy, Utilities, Manufacturing or Pub Sector
- Change. Demonstrable experience of driving wholesale change within teams to support changing demands
- Leadership. Reputation for strong value-based leadership, demonstrating growth mindset, customer obsession, diversity and inclusion, integrity and honesty, accountability, passion, being open and respectful, and one who strives for excellence.
- Exec. Level Engagement. Significant experience working with C-level customers in market leading technology organisations, systems integrators or consulting businesses eg McKinsey, BCG, Accenture, Deloitte, PA Consulting, KPMG.
- Enterprise Architecture and Related Technology. Proven track record of success in sales and delivery of CRM, ERP related consulting, including competitive platforms. Significant Cloud based technology experience. Ability to hold enterprise architect level conversations relating to the platform and associated solutions. Experience of enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
- Communication. Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Proven Experience. Consistent record of delivering business value and measurable outcomes by bringing the benefits of technology to transform business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.