|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Technical Architect in the Microsoft Technology Center, you will be working at the forefront of Microsoft innovation, helping customers create and implement a vision and strategy for their digital transformation. You will be an integral part of their transformation journey, challenging their ways of thinking and helping them realize and adopt the benefits of our Cloud. Part of a world-wide community of exceptional peers, you’ll have access to the latest software and hardware, and you’ll be given the time and budget to develop as a globally influential technical leader.
Our network of global Microsoft Technology Centers (MTC) are premium customer-facing facilities built to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross-workload solutions. We accelerate our customers’ digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Based at your facility location, you will prepare and deliver technical engagements to enterprise customers. These include strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, building of rapid prototypes, workshops, and hackathons.
- Using your technical knowledge, consultancy skills and our methodology to win a customer’s technical decision to buy and use Microsoft solutions and cloud services.
- The nature of complex opportunities which come to the MTC necessitates taking a cross-solution view to leverage capabilities across the entire Microsoft cloud platform; and are rarely limited to a single technology solution.
- You will work collaboratively with account teams to determine the best engagements for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit and accelerate deals success.
- You will use your technical knowledge to show customers an inspiring digital vision, across all Microsoft workloads, as well as deeper engagement in your core specialism.
- You will map the agreed customer vision into a strategy for implementation, resolving concerns, removing technical blockers, and validating a strong business case for investment.
- You will work with the customer, wider account team resources and our partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
- You will build community, mentor others, co-ordinate and lead initiatives which uplift skilling and impact for your peers.
- Be an ambassador for the MTC across Microsoft and externally.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Articulate the possibilities of the Microsoft Azure Cloud with specific emphasis on data and AI services including Databases, Data Lakes, Analytics, AI + Machine Learning, Internet of Things and Business Intelligence.
- Ability to influence enterprise customers by translating abstract technical data concepts to business value, and walking through the solution sales process, from discovery to solution design.
- Apply deep technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modern data architecture for the customer that provides increased agility in meeting the demands of their business.
- Guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value on top of the Azure platform through Architect Design Sessions, Ideation, Workshops, and Rapid Prototyping.
- The opportunity to deliver speaking engagements evangelizing the Microsoft data platform in business conferences.
You will use your knowledge from working with multiple customers to influence product and community.
- You will enable your peer community to extend their impact through researching, creating and extending complex technical demonstrations in our global demo tenant.
- You will shape product direction through building relationships with global engineering teams to propagate customer feedback and scenarios, and ensure gaps and whitespace is understood.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
Technical Solution Leader
- Structured facilitator. Validated customer experience in requirements capture; prioritization; capturing evidence and impact to quantify business value; issue, risk and constraint identification required
- Technical breadth. Intermediate level experience across the full range of Microsoft cloud solutions - Azure infrastructure, Azure Developer, Azure data, artificial intelligence, business applications, modern workplace and productivity, security, business applications. Demonstrated experience of solution architectures which span multiple workloads preferred
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Design Thinking. Proven experience of delivering design thinking; `ideation’; or similar context analysis / problem framing preferred.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow MTC, Microsoft, partner and external communities required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and partners. Co-ordinate peer input into WW content and demo programs resulting in high-quality published content required.
- Technical depth. Solid background in Machine Learning including Deep learning. One or more of AI domains: Computer vision, NLP, intelligent agents. Proficiency in architecting data migration scenarios including hybrid and pure cloud data solutions. Practical experience in one or more of the following: R or Python, Ski-kit, Microsoft ML Server, Azure ML, Spark ML, Cognitive Services, Bot Framework, Cognitive Toolkit, Tensorflow, MXNET preferred.
- Platform skills. Experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, networking and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards. Understanding of Data/IoT related Azure services including emerging computing trends such as Machine Learning and Cognitive Services preferred.
- Experience. 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in domain-specific technologies required: (Customise as required per market / Center).
- Certification in two or more of the following technologies required: (Customise as required per market / Center)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.