|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Specialist for Customer acquisition is a hunter solution sales professional within our enterprise sales organization, focused on bringing on new managed customers onto the Azure platform. As part of this roleyou will help realize the Company’s key strategic focus to increase our customer base of Azure Enterprise customers. You will need to cover a large sales territory by profiling customers and using intelligence to prospecteffectively, identifying new Azure opportunities and driving rapid Azure adoption. To achieve this, you will need to partner with our marketing and partner counterparts to leverage every avenue available to supportacquisition at scale. You will lead the collaboration of the virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed Azure new customer acquisition targets, as well asAzure sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. You will build and maintain relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction and drive engagement with senior level contacts,software developers and IT architects. You will help customers evaluate our cloud platform for their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customersatisfaction.
- 40% of your time will be spent with customers identifying and surfacing new engagements that align with the customer’s business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers.
- 40% of your time will be spent on using Challenger sales techniques to bring ideas to customers, show how Azure can transform our customers’ businesses and convince customers to act now. You will achieve this by positioning Microsoft’s technical leadership to become a trusted advisor and drive migration and innovation solutions. You will work with a team of Microsoft experts and partners to lead presentations, demonstrations and architecture design sessions with the objective of driving rapid adoption of Azure. Importantly, this adoption will need to result in tangible business outcomes to ensure customers continue to grow their Azure footprint into the future.
- 20% of your time will be spent on managing your territory as a business and investing in your own skills to remain top of your game. You will stay sharp, attaining and maintaining required certifications. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 4+ years’ experience selling cloud services, data solutions or application development services to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on cloud application modernization, cloud data services and cloud infrastructure technologies preferred
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, services/partner engagement, opportunity management and pipeline management required
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to LOB decision makers, technical decision makers & enterprise solution architects by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria preferred
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies, specifically solutions related to cloud native apps - containers & serverless, microservices, migration to cloud, Hybrid cloud, datacenter infrastructure modernization, DevOps/DevTest required
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead virtual teams through influence required
- Cloud Platform. Understanding of cloud platforms including Azure platform services, hybrid cloud technologies, data platfrom concepts, developer tools and services and/or complementing solutions. Requires the ability to engage with DBAs, developers and IT architects as trusted advisors. Requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's Azure apps and infrastructure related cloud solutions and have firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major competitors required
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud deals especially those involving Application portfolio modernization and migration, and effectively leveraging the right partners and Microsoft engineering resources preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud platform competitor landscape preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required