|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Locations: London, Edinburgh or Bristol base considered - Must be fully mobile throughout the UK
Working alongside our clients as trusted advisors, our Data and Integration Architects are focussed on solving our clients’ most difficult and business critical challenges and enabling them to get more value from their data and information assets. Utilising your specialist knowledge and experience of data architecture and integration architecture, you will work alongside CxO level clients to design the digital revolution and implement a range of data and information strategies to drive our clients ever forward.
Architecture at PA is different. You will work at CxO level with a broad range of leading blue-chip companies and public sector organisations. You will get to work on projects which are cutting edge, both in the technologies they employ and the real-world problems they are addressing; projects which are the highest profile and projects that make a difference to everyday life. It is practical and hands-on, we have our own technology arm that is dedicated to building innovative, real-world solutions for our clients. You will deliver, assure and advise, working shoulder to shoulder with our clients and their partners as the face of innovation and change they expect when they engage PA.
What we're looking for
- A consistent track record in providing leadership to organisations for data governance and architecture, developing strategies, approaches and methodologies
- A good communicator, comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and with the ability to work with architects from other disciplines and integrate their work to provide a joined-up picture of data across the enterprise
- Expertise in:
- The practical application of data management frameworks such as DAMA DMBOK, Strategic Alignment Model or The Amsterdam Information Model
- Logical data modelling, using techniques such as Entity-Relationship modelling and conversant with notations such as Barker, Bachman, IDEF1X, Information Engineering, STEP or UML
- Key data storage technologies including relational databases, NoSQL and big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra), graph databases; and their relative strengths and weaknesses
- Expertise in Business intelligence, data warehousing and enabling data science, including:
- Data marts, data warehouses and data lakes
- Kimball-style dimensional modelling
- Operational data stores
- Logical data warehouse and data virtualisation technologies e.g. Denodo, Cisco Information Server
- A deep understanding of the relationship between data architecture and other disciplines within the wider data management area, including:
- Development of data and information strategies, including alignment of strategy with business and IT strategy
- Establishing data governance, including working with senior stakeholders to establish Data Governance Steering Committees, Councils or Data Stewardship Teams
- Reference and Master Data Management
- Metadata Management, including Metadata sets (e.g. Dublin Core) and Metadata registry implementation
- Data quality management, including ISO8000
- Data security, including the regulatory environment SOX, Basel II, GDPR etc.
- Data migration to public cloud platforms
- Expertise in data integration and interoperability, including, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) patterns, and data integration patterns (e.g. ELT/ETL) including:
- Experience with industry leading integration technologies including IBM Integration Suite (WebSphere/ IBM Integration Bus, IBM DataPower Gateway), TIBCO Integration Suite (BusinessWorks, BusinessEvents, Active Spaces), Oracle SOA, SoftwareAG webMethods or Open Source Middleware products
- Experience designing, administering, configuring and creating integrations using industry standard protocols and formats e.g. SOAP JSON, REST, HTTP, XML, AS2, FTP and EDI
- Experience with DevOps tooling used to support integration development including Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman is advantageous. Experience working in an Agile delivery context is useful, as well as experience with more waterfall-oriented delivery models such as SSADM.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com