|Location:||Greater London, Greater Manchester, Leicestershire, Midlothian, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
The Principal Project Manager/Programme Manager enables both Microsoft and Customer outcomes through orchestration of delivery teams. They govern either a single engagement or a portfolio of projects and are a key driver of the delivery lifecycle, using their executive expertise to remove barriers and deliver successful outcomes. The Project Manager is a key Microsoft Consulting Services role in managing a successful engagement, maintaining portfolio health and leading a team of delivery professionals.
Our team of Principal Project Manager/Programme Manager comprise an unusual mix of project/program management and consulting skills, along with a passion for technology. We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, maintaining on track financials and leading communications with stakeholders and the end Customer. As a trusted advisor to our Customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of Customer focus on each project, while helping to achieve both Customer satisfaction and Microsoft targets. We also play a key role in ensuring our business is empowered to make decisions and assess portfolio health, through accurate forecasting and project health status submissions.
Travel can vary based on Country and Customer locations and can be up to 75% across a geographical time zone (EMEA).
- Partnering with Area Teams lead the delivery of Customer facing engagements to successful outcomes, within the scope of the agreed engagement.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Customer providing guidance and holding the Customer accountable to the agreed contract.
- Establish Customer conditions of satisfaction and review these with the Customer and project team over the life of the engagement.
- Partnering with key Domain delivery roles (Architects, Consultants etc.) apply core project/program governance techniques to deliver the engagement efficiently and effectively from initiation to closure and identify next steps for the Customer to achieve greater business value.
- Apply best practice through adoption and use of Microsoft delivery methodologies
- Apply monitoring and controlling techniques to identify and mitigate all risks and issues and manage the engagement health effectively, raising awareness early to avoid escalations
- Apply Change Management techniques to improve adoption
- Responsible for engagement resourcing, including engagement and onboarding of partners and subcontractors
- Deliver accurate and regular engagement reporting to both Customers and Microsoft key stakeholders.
- Maintain intellectual property and project deliverables within project repositories
- Participate in internal delivery communities to share best practice and lessons learned
- Execute deliveries on time, on budget and with scope complete, utilizing strong change management practices
- Effectively contribute to the business through accurate financial forecasting and management
- Full accountability for all financial management of projects, including maintaining accurate financial reporting
- Full responsibility for engagement cost, time and expense approvals
- Engage in internal financial forecasting cycles, then tracking progress against forecasts, acting as required
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification with real-world experience, additional certifications (e.g. Agile/SCRUM etc.) are an advantage
- Experience leading deliveries in a professional services capacity, delivering to end Customers
- Demonstrated success in leading deliveries within different contractual terms
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading project or program teams to successful Customer outcomes
- Demonstrated abilities in vision building, leading and motivating multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral and written communication including strong presence with Executive Stakeholders
- Ability to identify risks before they occur and to develop mitigation and avoidance strategies
- Excellent financial management knowledge including relationships between contract types, revenue and costs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to facilitate and influence at senior levels
- Flexibility with the ability to balance priorities across multiple tasks
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.