|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald Ireland is seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist/Project Manager to join their Environment business to work alongside engineers, scientists, planners and other staff on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water, energy and transport sectors.
The role will be based in either Dublin or Cork subject to the successful candidate's preference.
- Co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants;
- Write high quality consent application documentation and supporting assessments including Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs) and Strategic Infrastructure Development applications;
- Work as part of cross disciplinary teams working on large -scale infrastructure projects, mainly in the transport, water and energy sectors;
- Provide leadership in statutory consent applications for large scale infrastructure (e.g. SID) and conventional planning applications;
- Coordinate and mentor junior staff;
- Commercial and programme management of large -scale and complex projects;
- Client relationship management;
- Business development.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of consent applications for large-scale infrastructure projects in Ireland;
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science);
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant Irish and European legislation, policy and guidance;
- Project management experience;
- Able to manage and prioritise workload to tight deadlines;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to integrate into the existing team, and work alongside colleagues across disciplines;
- Member of chartered institute (CIEEM, CIWEM or equivalent professional body);
- Full driving licence essential;
- Good commercial acumen and effective client facing skills;
- A 'can do' attitude;
- Full driving licence essential.
A bit about us:
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%;
- Competitive annual leave;
- An annual professional institution subscription;
- Life insurance;
- Income Continuance/Disability Benefit;
- Enhanced parental leave;
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Taxsaver Travel Scheme
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.