|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
BNI is EUNA's Buildings Unit serving Buildings customers throughout the region. We have particular strengths in Commercial & Retail, Education, Health, Transport (including Rail, LRT, Highways, Airports, interchanges and metro stations), Defence and Sports. We are pre-eminent in the UK in these sectors and our strengths in these areas are used to support services in the Buildings' Sector in other regions.
We are currently recruiting for a Chartered Civil Engineer to join our Altrincham or Manchester offices and support a growing workload of exciting projects. Our current workload includes a wide range of exciting projects ranging from early stage feasibility studies to challenging detailed design, predominantly in the rail sector.
Responsibilities will include:
* Leading and supervising design and remediation of all types of lineside civlis assets including bridges, retaining walls and other lineside infrastructure
* Undertaking structural analysis, modelling and calculation as appropriate
* Detailing of design solutions across a range of GRIP stages including GRIP 5 Detailed Design
* Mentoring and nurturing early career professionals within the team
As a Chartered Civil Engineer, your career has provided you with technical skills and structural knowledge that can be translated into efficient and practical designs. Your experience in the design and remediation of bridges, retaining walls, lineside civils structures enables you to effectively deliver solutions across a range of GRIP stages, managing and developing more junior staff in the process. You will be a highly practical engineer, able to quickly turn theoretical knowledge into buildable solutions aligned to the constraints of programme, site constraints and budgets.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
* A Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Chartered with a relevant professional institution
* Proven experience and ability in the UK Rail Industry, including CRE responsibilities
* Practical design experience in the bridges industry
* Experience in analytical software packages such as MIDAS, LUSAS, SAM and Staad (or similar)
* Experience in delivering projects in a multidisciplinary rail environment
* Experience in successful delivery of Design and Build project
* Experience of managing project teams; developing & mentoring junior staff
* Experience of planning and monitoring project programmes to budgets and resources ensuring delivery to time and cost constraints
* Experience in the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions
* Commercial and financial awareness
* IT and standard industry software skills, including knowledge of BIM
* Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (written and verbal)