|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to a growing and diverse international workload, the Mott MacDonald Transportation Unit's Highways Advisory Team is looking to recruit an early career professional.
You will be a graduate with an engineering qualification and with proven initial work experience and substantial career potential to join our global Highways Advisory business. In the role, you will provide support to senior highway advisors, working predominantly on a global remit.
Based in the UK (Southampton and London) the Highways Advisory Team provides high level technical advice across the highway sector.
In this role you will be expected to support the development of the highway advisory business through direct interaction with clients, and to bring a strong desire to learn, along with the ability to take initiative in providing advice within the support of the team.
In this role you will be involved in the preparation and submission of reports and will have the opportunity to manage projects, including financial, technical and contractual matters and compliance with internal quality procedures and directives as well as maximising profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, reacting to and anticipating potential problems. You will attend site visits to major infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas.
You will also be involved in client stakeholder/stakeholder engagement and liaison, preparing bid documentation and proposals and assisting with business development activities and developing key client relationships and developing networks with the wider advisory
This role will involve providing technical advice and support, covering services such as:
- Technical advisory services - to lenders, infrastructure investors, bidders, concessionaires and national/international government agencies for PPP/PFI projects
- Technical due diligence, construction monitoring, operations monitoring
- Highways operations & maintenance advice
- Feasibility assessment
- Business case analysis
- Appraisal methodologies
- Contract procurement and claims assistance
For this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Degree or equivalent in civil engineering, management or similar relevant technical field, with a desire to achieve an engineering chartership
- Basic understanding of the principles of engineering management, and a desire to develop this within the context of the highways industry
- Experience of working within the transport sector (and preferably the highways sub-sector), nationally or internationally
- Flexible approach, able to respond across a broad range of technical advisory services in the highways sector, with a willingness to accept new challenges
- Strong desire to learn about the challenges of long term highway infrastructure procurement processes
- Project management capability and experienced in working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability and flexibility to be agile and mobile in relation to short term overseas assignments
- Ability to work effectively in small teams and to support larger teams
- Experience delivering presentations
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills in the primary language of English. It would be extremely advantageous if you have Spanish or other language skills at the ability level to put across ideas and arguments in a logical and coherent manner
- Ability to critically analyse data, identify its importance, advise on its shortcomings and how it should be improved
- Able to prioritise and plan effectively while balancing competing demands
- Ability to prepare precise and clear written reports
- Self-motivated and willing to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Enthusiasm and aptitude at dealing with many interfaces, including technical, commercial / contractual, and personal / stakeholder