|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals brings and embracing an inclusive environment.
- This role reports directly to the head of EMEA Securities Services ORM.
- The risk manager in this position will have the following responsibilities overseeing operational risks across a range of Securities Services products to:
- Ensure that the JPMorgan Operational Risk Framework is in place and operating effectively within EMEA Securities Services
- Act as point of expertise for operational risk advising business partners and other functional groups, on emerging and key risk trends, fiduciary issues, product strategy, deals, risk appetite and tolerance
- To conduct regular deep dives and Significant Event Reviews on the Securities Services businesses in EMEA identifying key risks and mitigation measures
- Support the roll out of, and help to drive, key firm wide operational risk initiatives
- Develop, maintain, and review Operational Risk Policies, Standards and Procedures, monitoring implementation and on-going compliance
- In crisis scenarios, independently assess business processes (e.g. playbooks), highlight risk scenarios / recommend solutions and proactively manage risks resulting from existing or potential market events
- Provide independent operational risk oversight in key governance forums within EMEA, including Location and EMEA Regional Business Control Forums, and other governance committees
- Provide Operational Risk Management oversight and independent challenge of changes to core processes that result from industry regulatory and/or business decisions and strategic initiatives
- Conduct reviews on new business initiatives, new service/product operational capabilities and new proposals (or changes) to location strategy
- Provide Operational Risk Management oversight and independent challenge of significant new deals, changes or exceptions to standard legal terms and non-standard arrangements and/or transactions
- Liaise with internal management and external parties, including regulators, where appropriate, in respect of operational risk matters.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Financial services background
- Previous risk management, control and/or audit experience
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and project management skills
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills, ability to drive change; strong influencing skills
- Ability to understand risks and their drivers and to form, and explain views
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and deal with multiple tasks in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Ability to interact with global partners and senior management across businesses and geographies
- Ability to lead and direct the operational risk agenda
- Detailed knowledge of Securities Services products will be an advantage.