|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our team handles strategic and confidential private side transactions as part of the fast moving markets business. We originate, structure, negotiate and execute tailored Equity and Credit Solutions to corporate clients, sovereign wealth funds, quasi-government agencies and large, Ultra High Net-Worth Individuals’ family offices. We are a global team based in London/Paris, New York and Hong Kong.
The team is part of the private side, within JPMorgan markets business.
We closely interact with our partners globally throughout the deal origination, structuring and execution process: coverage and product teams across Markets, IB, Capital Markets, GCB, CCBS&I, Private Bank, as well as trading desks and risk and control functions. This unique set-up within the firm is part of the particular appeal of the role.
Our transactions are highly bespoke and follow a careful approval process. As such a person in that role would need to also work closely with all relevant control functions in market, credit and reputation risk, compliance, legal, accounting, tax just to name a few.
Within the Global Private Side Equity and Credit Sales and Marketing team, the opportunity is to join as an associate the newly formed team focusing on non-linear equity deals on a pan-European scale. The role is based in London.
- Lead or assist in identifying business and transaction opportunities
- Lead or assist in the origination, structuring and pricing of highly tailored non-linear equity solutions
- Lead or assist in the ongoing execution of live deals
- Lead or assist in liaising and coordinating across internal stakeholders, driving the origination, structuring and execution process in partnership with trading desks, other sales and marketing teams, legal and other internal partners
- Enquiring and solution-driven mind-set, perseverance and ability to handle and coordinate complex processes
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen: self-motivation, drive and skill-set to identify opportunities and tailor innovative, ad-hoc solutions
- Work experience in investment banking, trading, derivative sales or structuring
- Ability to generate ideas, understand and handle complex derivative products
- Ability to understand and navigate complex corporate finance arrangements, financing structures and M&A situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to deal confidently with people at all levels in the organization
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliability and team-player personality, comfortable in reaching out across functions within the firm while working in a small, hands-on team