|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
The Strategic Planning team sits in a pivotal part of the organisation, reporting into the CFO. Bridging Financial analysis and Strategic insight, we work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders (including the Executive team) - with the aim of planning GoCardless’ long-term trajectory, as well as drawing strategic insights from data to support decision-making.
The Strategic Planning & Analysis team supports the CFO across corporate finance, investor relations, long-term planning and analysis, and strategic projects. You will be responsible for preparing analysis of key datasets in support of Strategic projects, as well as building financial models.
What you’ll be doing
- Building/maintaining models, including business casing new opportunities
- Analysing complex data, drawing strategic insights from it and helping present it to a range of stakeholders
- Working cross-functionally to understand and source drivers for analysis
- Conducting research and tracking market/competitor information
- Supporting the CFO on a variety of ad-hoc strategic projects
- Preparation of analysis for board-level discussion
- Experience working in Strategy, Consulting, Investment Banking and/or Corporate Finance
- A curious nature with a strong desire to learn
- Strong analytical skills - including high proficiency in Excel/Sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - including the ability to present quantitative findings in a clear, concise fashion
- Outstanding academic achievements, with a 2:1 or above attained at undergraduate level
- A keen interest in FinTech
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.