|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sr Cloud Solutions Architect
The Microsoft Partner Success Team, is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join as a Sr Cloud Solution Architect (CSA).As a CSA you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft’s Global System Integrator Partners to capitalize on the Digital Transformation market opportunity. You will be a technical thought leader at the intersection of the largest system integrators, helping the world’s most innovative companies.
CSAs play a critical role in working with partners to provide deep Azure technical support through solution build and first mile customer engagements including Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions (ADS), and Hackathons. The CSAs build relationships with partner technical and development resources, designing and architecting new solutions based on Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform and technologies. They deliver value via a portfolio of service delivery engagements optimized to accelerate partner solution builds and first mile customer wins and stand out as a Technology expert due to deep solutions knowledge.
Microsoft welcomes and embraces your individuality! The ideal candidate for the CSA role can come in many forms. This individual is someone who is passionate about technology and one who possesses a strong subset or combination of the requirements listed below.
Partner Enablement and Execution
- Technical Enablement. Jointly develop technical enablement plan with partner(s).
- Technical Engagements. Lead the execution of deep technical engagements, including Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, bootcamps and Hackathons with the goal of defining and brining new solutions to market and building the technical skills of partners.
- Practice & Solution Development.Assist the partner’s Practice Leads in design, architecting and developing IP solutions and growing their solution architects practice capacity.
- Evangelize partners’ solutionsand practices in customers’ via technical briefings and Architecture Review Sessions
- Pre-Sales. Enable partners on technical pre-sales skills while supporting initial partners’ wins.
- Skilling and Best Practice Sharing.Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering and Customer Success Unit on specific skill requirements for partners and the sharing of best practices.
Technical Upskilling and Networking
- Technical and Market Trend Acumen.Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends, opportunities, and competitive insights by staying abreast of various in-person and virtual events delivered by Industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, ISG/Saugatuck
- Technical Networking.Invest in own LinkedIn Profile to promote expertise and experiences. Build an expansive Network of partner technical contacts, as well as internal Microsoft contacts including Engineering, Customer Success Unit, Global Black belts, M&O and peer Architects.
- Technical Events & Community Contribution.Attend Digital Transformation/Technology conferences such as Build, Ignite, and Inspire. Participate in technical panels and user groups, provide insights, and contribute work that is shared across communities such as MSDN and Channel9.
Relationship Building and Problem Solving
- Proven track record of building deep sales relationships with CXOs and practice building executives in highly strategic ISV (Independent Software Vendor), MSP (Managed Service Provider), and SI (System Integrator) partner types.
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Ability to solve Partner problems through cloud technologies, leveraging internal and/or external resources.
Collaboration and Communication
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences at different levels of organizations.
- 8+years’of success in consultative/complex technical sales, technology solutions/practice development, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on partner practice building opportunities.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud).
- 3+ years’ deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions
- (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP cloud migrations, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
Additionally, good experience (2+ years’) in one of the following. preferred
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management).
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry).
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet).
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive.
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) .
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub).
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a Software and/or Services company such as Amazon Web Services, Google, IBM, Oracle
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.