|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and join an award-winning business in the North West. Our Rail Civils team has an enviable reputation for being the best in the region. If you are an Engineer with a few years' experience then this could be the next step in your career. The team has an exciting portfolio of rail projects ranging from early GRIP stage large multi-disciplinary rail projects to smaller renewals jobs and bridge deck replacements.
The team comprises over fifteen staff delivering projects from our Altrincham and Manchester offices. Due to a strong project portfolio, we are looking for highly skilled engineers with experience of bridge design and UK rail design to expand the team and support the delivery of high-profile projects from our Altrincham office.
The buildings and infrastructure division employs over 150 staff across a variety of disciplines, including bridges, building structures, materials, highways and light/heavy rail.
You'll be involved in the following:
* Engineering design on large multi-disciplinary rail projects, bridge deck renewals and other lineside Civils design
* Working with design teams throughout all phases of projects, from bidding to completion
* Involved in a range of small to large projects which are industry and publicly high profile
* Working within a growing team carrying out Civils design for large rail projects, bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements
* Responsible for all aspects of assigned project work
* Working on a range of both bridge works and lineside civils design, predominantly in the rail market
* Engineering refurbishment and replacement schemes
The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. Get in touch and find out where a career with Mott MacDonald could take you.
Candidate Specification :
* Post graduate experience with a strong personal interest in rail engineering and bridge engineering which will be utilised in a broad range of engineering projects
* Experience on a small range of bridge engineering projects, ideally working in a design and build environment
* MEng, MSc or similar degree is essential
* Experience with Network Rail (NR) design standards including Eurocodes
* Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle
* Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
* Strong technical focus and IT skills
* Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required
* Valid Personal Track Safety qualification is desirable
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We want engineers with the same passion and enthusiasm that we have already in the team. If you have the right attitude and attributes, then we want to hear from you.