Paralegal or Property Solicitor (1 – 3 years PQE or equivalent)
Location: Currently remote working. Head Office in Horley; property legal team is based in Reading
You will provide key legal support predominately to SGN’s regulated business by delivering high-quality property legal advice to a number of teams that are responsible for managing the network that transmits gas to premises across the South and South East of England. These teams are based at St Mary Cray, Horley and a few depots in SGN’s Southern distribution area.
An opportunity has become available to join our growing in-house legal team and Scotia Gas Networks Limited’s group of companies (SGN) at an exciting time, helping to build our shared future and transform the future of gas. You will provide transactional support to the SGN’s group by providing high-quality business led advice to enable SGN to lead the way in low carbon energy delivery by making gas green.
- Quickly develop outstanding working relationships with SGN colleagues
- Educate colleagues so that they develop knowledge of the fundamental principles of property law
- Liaise with and influence managers by putting forward recommendations/solutions
- Provide accurate, clear and pragmatic property legal advice to support SGN’s regulated business
- Interpret heads of terms and draft appropriate property documentation
- Develop a working knowledge of relevant parts of the Gas Act 1986
Govern & Protect
- Identify and reduce risk by promoting Risk, Compliance, Ethics & Governance
- Attend training events and share learnings with others
- Assist in the production and updating of precedent letters and documents
- Be aware of changes in property law and gas regulations and provide training when necessary
- Cross flex across the team and support in other non-specialist areas as necessary
- Become familiar with the relevant sections of the Gas Act 1986
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’re looking for a confident and experienced property paralegal or qualified property solicitor with approximately 1-3 years PQE or equivalent. It is essential that this person has experience and a good understanding of typical property transaction. We’re also looking for;
- A highly organised individual who can manage approximately 100 files simultaneously
- Excellent communication with colleagues from a range of backgrounds
- Ability to interpret terms and then select the appropriate legal document
- Comfort in reviewing and interpreting plans, drawings and maps
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible. In addition, there are plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be someone that relates to and can buy into our legal team culture and values designed to guide decisions and actions:
- Thriving: making thriving contagious by inspiring, including, motivating and looking out for each other
- Innovative: turning ideas into solutions that add value
- Trusted: being honest, open, and transparent so you regard us as a trusted adviser and colleague
- Dynamic: seeking out ways to do things better to deliver positive change
- Sustainable:minimising our carbon footprint in conjunction with providing long term legal solutions which are sustainable
We also offer a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
ABOUT SGN LEGAL SERVICES
In SGN Legal Services we put people, relationships & culture at the heart of what we do.
We strive to always innovate and find solutions that deliver impactful outcomes.We also recognise the integral role we play in governing and protecting our stakeholders, communities and company.With this in mind, we promote compliance, ethics & governance and provide advice that enables informed decision-making to reduce risk and protect the organisation. We are passionate and energised about transformation to deliver continuous improvement.
Our vision is to be a legal service provider of choice by always delivering service excellence, providing the best experience to everyone who connects with us and thriving as a team.
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…