|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for smart, curious, and self-starting people from all backgrounds to join our Product team.
If you’re looking to work in a collaborative culture, solving interesting challenges at a global scale, and having a real impact in making our products better for our customers, we would love to talk to you!
We believe in providing trust and autonomy so everyone can do their best work. From how we work to how managers support you, our goal is to provide an environment that enables you to continuously grow, ask questions and not be afraid to fail - because when we do, we see it as an opportunity to learn.
Product at GoCardless
We believe world-class Product Management is crucial to the continued success of our product and company. As a result, we’ve created an environment that ensures our Product Managers have the opportunity to constantly learn, are empowered to take calculated risks, and contribute to developing best practices that other companies emulate. Our goal is to be widely regarded as one of the best Product Management organisations in Europe.
Our Product team is focused on three areas:
- Shaping the future of the product: As a product-led organisation, having a clear and well thought through product strategy is critical to our business. Our Product Managers are the driving force behind this strategy, and are empowered to bring it to life with their teams.
- Prioritising which problems to solve and why: We take a data-driven approach to figuring out what problems we should solve and with what priority. We give our Product Managers the space to pose the right questions and empower them to make great decisions.
- Delivering to solve these problems: We believe in a collaborative partnership where the Product team focuses on outcomes, while Engineering and Design focus on how we get there. Product’s main role in execution is to guide teams to stay on track to deliver the optimal product impact.
As a Senior Product Manager you will work closely with a Technical Lead and Engineering Manager to lead one or more of our cross-functional development teams. Teams are responsible for their product area, and deliver impactful change autonomously, in line with the overall product strategy.
We are looking for self-starting Product Managers to tackle interesting product problems across multiple teams. Across all Product Management roles, we expect responsibilities to include:
- Problem analysis and prioritisation: Taking complex and ambiguous product problems and structuring these effectively. This includes clearly defining the problem space, the impact of the problem and the trade-offs made in making prioritisation decisions.
- Data-driven decision-making: Using data and broader market trends to support your trade-off decisions and problem impact estimations.
- Influencing and communication: Building relationships with your team, stakeholders and executives to deliver change effectively across your remit. This includes growing to become the ‘go-to’ person for your product area; translating complex, technical problems into understandable concepts; and convincing stakeholders of the best approach using structured reasoning.
- Customer advocacy: Understanding the needs of your key customers on an ongoing basis, and using this to drive effective prioritisation decisions.
- Shipping stuff: Working with your team to drive changes to completion, delivering consistent positive impact across your product area.
What we’re looking for:
We believe great Product Managers share common characteristics, and we look for these above all else:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills: We want our Product Managers to have an outstanding ability to tackle interesting problems. At GoCardless we start by asking ‘why?’, and a data-led approach is central to how we run Product.
- Curiosity and drive: We’re after people who aren’t afraid of a challenge and will have a go, stay curious and adapt to a constantly changing environment. Our Product Managers are highly motivated to drive things to completion, delivering great impact with their teams.
- Collaborative leaders: Product roles bring responsibility without direct authority. We’re looking for leaders who can motivate and earn the trust of stakeholders and teams with a collaborative approach.
Candidates should have a track record examples of success in a challenging environment, which could be anything from software engineering through entrepreneurship to strategy consulting.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in fintech/payments or in a startup environment
- Technical knowledge and experience in software development
- Fluency in languages other than English (especially French or German) or experience working internationally
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.