|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We are looking for an experienced BI Analyst. As an experienced BI practitioner you’ll bring your expertise to bear on our data and business, building out our BI capabilities.
After first learning the ropes in our Central Analytics function, ultimately you’ll be embedded in a specific business function in order to drive first-class data products and practice into functional operations, with possibilities for future rotations.
Your key contribution will be to define, generate, analyse, interpret and communicate the metrics which underpin that business function. You’ll help people make better, faster, more data-driven decisions and develop an expert knowledge of your functional domain, along with a deep knowledge of GoCardless’s operations as a whole.
You’ll sit in our Product Development team and will work with technical and non-technical people across the whole company, from Risk to Marketing to Sales.
The main elements of this role will involve:
- Building new BI capability: working with stakeholders to agree clear, unambiguous KPI definitions and mapping the relationships between leading and lagging metrics.
- Building, maintaining and communicating data products to track key performance indicators against objectives
- Working with people across the company to enable them to self-serve Business Intelligence through Looker, our BI platform of choice
- Working with engineers to prototype, design and build pipelines which take raw data from production systems and deliver them in a format suitable for querying
- Doing deep-dive analysis of data to both test specific hypothesis and generate new business insights
Some example of the types of challenges that you’ll help the business with:
- “Should we improve the signup flow or the dashboard next month?”
- "Which product should we focus on to generate the most revenue?”
- "Which industry is the most risky for us?”
Who we're looking for
- You can point to a solid track record as a Business Intelligence practitioner
- You’re a self-starter - you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- You’re used to talking about your work in a clear way to others around you
- You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with
- You can judge when an analysis requires a 5 decimal point precision versus a back-of-the-envelope calculation
- You’ll have experienced the technical challenges of setting up self-serve BI and be interested in the technology behind the scenes
- You’ll be able to demonstrate how you have automated repetitive tasks
- You have commercial experience in a fast moving company
- You have strong experience in SQL
- A degree (or equivalent work experience) in a numerate field (Business / Commercial / Science / Maths etc)
- You have very strong data visualisation skills, including usage of self-serve tools like Tableau, QlikView, Looker or similar
- You can communicate your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bonus points for exposure to cutting edge data technologies like Google BigQuery, dbt and Airflow
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.