|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an Application Support Analyst to be part of a team managing day to day production support issues for a number of mainframe applications related to the Custody business which is part of the CIB Securities services.
Key Responsibilities and typical Duties include the following:
- To manage and resolve day-to-day production support issues for a number of mainframe applications that support Custody processing throughout the world:
- Incident and problem management
- To update key control systems according to procedure and in a timely manner (within JPM these include Alacrity/ConQuest, EPV, ITSM)
- To create and update “run book” documentation for the supported applications as required
- To participate in Critical Site Tests for supported applications
- To assist with project UAT testing when appropriate, especially as related to non-functional requirements.
- Excellent proven problem-solving skills
- Logical, able to think outside the box
- Good interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Flexible, co-operative and resilient
- Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
Experience - Required:
- Knowledge of z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF
- Proficient usage of one of COBOL or NATURAL
- Proficient usage of DB2 and VSAM together or ADABAS
Experience - Desirable:
- Knowledge of relevant businesses such as custody, fund accounting, clearance, securities lending, cash management and alternative investments (e.g. derivatives and hedge funds) or the organisations that use these services
- Previous exposure to application support
- Any non-mainframe IT experience is a bonus
- The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
- To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rota in maintained across the wider team. The successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rota.